Sig 3000 BDX LRF Binos - Still competitive in 2024?

I've been contemplating upgrading my binos and vortex 3000HD to a dedicated set of LRF binos. As a new dad, funds are a bit tight, so I've been looking at secondhand Sig 3000BDX LRFs as a friend is using them at the moment and rates them highly. My only concern is that they are now nearly 5yo tech, which is a long time in the world of electronics. Is there any other entry level LRF Binos I should be comparing or do the 3000 BDXs still stack up well in 2024?

I still run my Sig 3000 BDX from a few years ago. They’re great and provide accurate range and drop out to 800yds. There are better options out there but for $500ish they’re a steal. Not sure id pay $800+ today.

Cascade_Sherpa

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair that I was pleasantly surprised how good the glass was, and especially has fast and accurate the range finding electronics work....I think they are a great option at that price point.

OP
J
I still run my Sig 3000 BDX from a few years ago. They’re great and provide accurate range and drop out to 800yds. There are better options out there but for $500ish they’re a steal. Not sure id pay $800+ today.
Thanks for the feedback, good to hear the solver works well for you. I'll have to keep an eye out for a cheap secondhand set here.

I recently sold a pair of the sigs. I think they are a pretty sweet piece of kit at the prices they are selling for used. Picked up a Leica 3200.com last summer. The Sigs have a significantly better laser, user interface, and Bluetooth. The newer and more expensive units seem to have more and better functions but if you just want a fast and reliable rangefinder to far beyond reasonable shooting distances I think the 3000s still are a viable choice, especially if you pair them with a kestrel.