Sierra Game King Bullets

For what it’s worth, I am brand loyal to SGK’s, so they are my first choice for cup-and-core bullets. If I needed bullets for a rifle, and I could not get SGK’s, I would happily buy the Hornady Interlocks.

My number one requirement for each rifle I own is to have at least 200 rounds of factory ammo or once-fired brass from the same manufacturer, 800 bullets in my desired weights for that cartridge, and enough primers and powder to send those bullets down range. I think it is reasonable to expect to reload most brass four times. I purchase components with those numbers in mind and replace as needed.

I probably own too many SGK’s, but they just do the job for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vern400

WKR
I have some of the new 308 175gr hpbt game king. I will be using this year on deer and aoudad
That's a harder bullet than the 165 SGK and does not initiate expansion as quickly. They work fine as long as you keep the velocity up. 175s only giving advantage in a 308 at extreme long ranges and with very high BC bullets. 150 and 165 are The Sweet spot. Might want to check the recommended expansion velocity and see how far that is for you. If you're too slow, they'll pencil right through.