SiCo New Can - Scythe-Ti…hunting perfection?

Awesome! That's good to hear.
I think I've got it narrowed down to the tbac7 and the scythe.
You got a write up on it anywhere?
Short one in ryans suppressor comparison thread. On the road to WY now, didnt have time to do a long write up but got it with me on my gun. Will add more thoughts on it after i get back for sure. I havent shot any TBAC's but from what i gather based on other experiences, I'd take the scythe over the ultra 7 any day

arrow179

WKR
Short one in ryans suppressor comparison thread. On the road to WY now, didnt have time to do a long write up but got it with me on my gun. Will add more thoughts on it after i get back for sure. I havent shot any TBAC's but from what i gather based on other experiences, I'd take the scythe over the ultra 7 any day
Any update on how the Scythe performed. Trying to decide between it and TBAC Ultra 7 or Dominus. I did notice no barrel length restrictions for the Scythe. I have an Omega 36M that has been really good but it’s definitely on the heavier side and would like something not as long and lighter. This next can will be dedicated to swap between a few bolt rifles and primarily for hunting. A 20” .300wsm, 21” 7SAUM, 21” 6.5PRC, 26” .300PRC

Any update on how the Scythe performed. Trying to decide between it and TBAC Ultra 7 or Dominus. I did notice no barrel length restrictions for the Scythe. I have an Omega 36M that has been really good but it’s definitely on the heavier side and would like something not as long and lighter. This next can will be dedicated to swap between a few bolt rifles and primarily for hunting. A 20” .300wsm, 21” 7SAUM, 21” 6.5PRC, 26” .300PRC

I don't see anything on paper the TBACs do better for your application. Dominus is heavier, more expensive, and probably louder. U7 is more expensive, longer, heavier, probably close in sound, and is smaller dia if that is important.

SloppyJ

WKR
Really want to hear someone who has shot the scythe side by side with a Raptor 8 or 6.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
There’s comparison of those two on here. Maybe not this thread but search for Scythe and you’ll see it.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
There’s comparison of those two on here. Maybe not this thread but search for Scythe and you’ll see it.
Check here.

Check here.

Thanks for doing that, it seems like different people ask for a comparison of the same 2 cans over and over lol. Hopefully ryan also weighs in on the thread I started about the scythe with his thoughts when he gets some free time, i know he's busy

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
I re-read that thread (too many pages!) confirming the AB stuff was in there….

In that process noticed you or someone compare to DD Sti and say the Scythe appeared better. That alone is a great metric. The STi is really impressive IMO. It’s probably an inch longer and a smidge heavier too. If the Scythe is better it’s a winner in my book.

My Sti is quieter than my omega which was equal to my buddies Ultra 7. I personally think the STi closes in within a bit (few db) of the Nomad LTi in my personal
comparisons (which pew science and tbac claim is quieter than Ultra9).

Last edited:
I re-read that thread (too many pages!) confirming the AB stuff was in there….

In that process noticed you or someone compare to DD Sti and say the Scythe appeared better. That alone is a great metric. The STi is really impressive IMO. It’s probably an inch longer and a smidge heavier too. If the Scythe is better it’s a winner in my book.

My Sti is quieter than my omega which was equal to my buddies Ultra 7. I personally think the STi closes in within a bit (few db) of the Nomad LTi in my personal
comparisons (which pew science and tbac claim is quieter than Ultra9).
Yep those are my thoughts exactly. The scythe is still the can to beat for most western hunters in my opinion. If im just at the range, yes, the raptor 10 and DD L-TI sound amazingly quiet and thats what im gonna use. But they are both long and heavy and the scythe suppesses plenty good. My friend and i shot my short barreled 22cm the other day, and it reconfirmed our previous ranking last time we went out to compare cans. When we shot them on my 300 prc though, the differences were more noticeable than they are with the 22cm

SloppyJ

WKR
Yep those are my thoughts exactly. The scythe is still the can to beat for most western hunters in my opinion. If im just at the range, yes, the raptor 10 and DD L-TI sound amazingly quiet and thats what im gonna use. But they are both long and heavy and the scythe suppesses plenty good. My friend and i shot my short barreled 22cm the other day, and it reconfirmed our previous ranking last time we went out to compare cans. When we shot them on my 300 prc though, the differences were more noticeable than they are with the 22cm
What exactly is your outcome on the ranking? The scythe really seems like "the" hunting can right now.

What exactly is your outcome on the ranking? The scythe really seems like "the" hunting can right now.
Yep thats my opinion, until one comes along thats better for my style of hunting at least. Its not quite the quietest one i own but it suppresses really well, even on my magnums, and its several oz lighter than my bigger cans like the raptor 10 and DD L-TI

SloppyJ

WKR
Yep thats my opinion, until one comes along thats better for my style of hunting at least. Its not quite the quietest one i own but it suppresses really well, even on my magnums, and its several oz lighter than my bigger cans like the raptor 10 and DD L-TI
Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Just curious, thinking about another big 30cal can, how does the Lti compare to the Raptor 10?

Sounds exactly what I'm looking for. Just curious, thinking about another big 30cal can, how does the Lti compare to the Raptor 10?
Its almost too close to call to the naked ear between those 2 as far as suppression, but i prefer the tone of the raptors over any other cans I've heard. Their spiral baffles aren't just marketing, it sounds different, like a lower tone. Plus they have the reflexes which is cool. You'd be happy with either though

SloppyJ

WKR
Its almost too close to call to the naked ear between those 2 as far as suppression, but i prefer the tone of the raptors over any other cans I've heard. Their spiral baffles aren't just marketing, it sounds different, like a lower tone. Plus they have the reflexes which is cool. You'd be happy with either though
I have the Raptor 10 with a 3" reflex. I absolutely love it. If the enticer is neck and neck I might just look at something different like a hyperion. Wanting ultimate suppression for range day and just messing around. The Raptor 10 is great but it's pushed me to get something smaller to hunt with which is where the scythe comes in. Along with a DD wolfhunter for my 6mm build.

OP
Tahoe1305

Tahoe1305

WKR
I have the Raptor 10 with a 3" reflex. I absolutely love it. If the enticer is neck and neck I might just look at something different like a hyperion. Wanting ultimate suppression for range day and just messing around. The Raptor 10 is great but it's pushed me to get something smaller to hunt with which is where the scythe comes in. Along with a DD wolfhunter for my 6mm build.
My buddy snagged a KGM R6 and swears by it for those others considering a dedicated smaller cal can. He likes the ports and says kills all muzzle rise. Specs are impressive too (short and light) about like the scythe.

Wolf hunter if I recall has identical specs to the Sti, which is to say it’s just a a bit longer (like more volume and better suppression too).

SloppyJ

WKR
My buddy snagged a KGM R6 and swears by it for those others considering a dedicated smaller cal can. He likes the ports and says kills all muzzle rise. Specs are impressive too (short and light) about like the scythe.

Wolf hunter if I recall has identical specs to the Sti, which is to say it’s just a a bit longer (like more volume and better suppression too).

From what I understood listening to the owner discuss that design, it's an Enticer S Ti with maybe one or two 6mm baffles in the middle. He said that in all of their testing, necking them all down to 6mm didn't prove to be quieter for some reason. They claim it's the design of their baffles but who knows? At this point I'm very close to having dedicated cans for all of my hunting rifles so I wanted something a little more tailored to my 6mm build. For fun I'm really curious how it does on a 5.56 too. If it's not decent I'll spend $450 on an AB Warthog.

All I know is that I'm currently waiting on that, and thanks to these threads, a Scythe Ti. With the suppressor shortage of 2024 I felt obligated to buy these because I could only find them in stock from one vendor. If anyone is looking, Capitol Armory had 55 Scythes in stock as of this afternoon. If you have an EFT file, it seems like their process is going to be very convenient if you want to file your eform as an individual.

That KGM is an interesting one. 1.5" vs Scythe 1.75" diameter though which makes a pretty big volume difference.

eltx

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a consensus best mounting system? I have a couple rifles I'd like to swap between. I have an Area 419 Hellfire on one, the other just has a direct threaded Salmon River brake.