Showers out in the Field

View attachment 597359
I’m giving this a try this year at my truck camp. Just a cheap kitchen sprayer, hose barb fitting, and a 2gal spot sprayer. Will heat up water with my camp stove and hopefully be able to rinse off quick. Another nice option that I’ve used before that a buddy of mine had was a Zodi camp shower.
OK, this never occurred to me and it is awesome.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Really depends on the hunt. Baby wipes is usually my go to. If water is abundant there is nothing quite like an alpine lake polar plunge to clean off.

Erict

WKR
If water, heating source and space for the pump is available there is no replacing a good, hot shower. I like to use 1.5-2 gallons for a really rewarding experience - potable water not necessary. At a minimum, a "sponge bath" with a washcloth and small pot of hot water. Something about the soothing effect of hot and clean that can't be replaces by baby wipes.

wyogoat

WKR
The Nemo shower works pretty well…I’ve packed that in a few times on back country trips. Pretty light and warms up a little in the sun.

*zap*

WKR
did plugs wires cap/rotor and ignition coil today on my 91 e-250. Had to run for parts a few times and used the dial foaming hand soap with no water each time to clean up my hands/arms, no problem. That stuff is awesome...

howdy yall ! hope you're having a great day !

after spending so many days out there in the Wild how do you all go about taking a shower (if you even do so)

any recommendations for a shower setup ? I've heard that the manual pump showers are better than the electric ones !

any and all feed back is appreciated ! I'm open to links about particular shower set ups you have in mind ! willing to set up tarps around the "shower" so that no random passerby is surprised by my birthday suit ahahha

cheers yall
Baby wipes !

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Good options here already. I need to figure out the water heater situation though for the late season hunts.

I'll add a pro tip for the best ground mat for keep feet clean - get a square piece of astro turf to stand on. I always snag them when I know someone who is putting it in at their house as there are always extra pieces. Good for door mats leading into campers too.

BCSojourner

Lil-Rokslider
Epic Wipes-can be bought on Amazon. They are huge (towel sized) and you can get a couple of uses out of just one. Will get you by until you can shower. For a base camp, Green Elephant shower setup (shelter and bag) is top-notch. The bag is heavy duty and can double as a dry bag.

My buddies just take a dip in a cold clear creek. I'm just not hard enough to do that.

I've heated water and dipped a wash cloth in it and wiped myself down and air dried, works pretty well.

I also have one of those bags with the nozzle in it, Sea to Summit brand. That works well too but heating enough water for that method takes a while.

S.Clancy

WKR
My buddies just take a dip in a cold clear creek. I'm just not hard enough to do that.

I've heated water and dipped a wash cloth in it and wiped myself down and air dried, works pretty well.

I also have one of those bags with the nozzle in it, Sea to Summit brand. That works well too but heating enough water for that method takes a while.
I have the same bag. I usually just accept stinking. I'll be out for 16 days here starting Friday I guess I'll see what method I use to clean myself

I just use a little hot water out the tank on the stove a pot and wash cloth..about every three days...if I am spiked out I usually don't worry about a bath..keep some dude wipes on me to keep the raw ass at bay...but its usually cool enough during hunting season it's not an issue.

For base camp I use a 12 volt rv water pump supplying a real shower head. For the supply tank we use a rubbermaid type storage container that will hold at least10 gallons. We have found that 1 turkey cooker pot full of boiling water plus 1 turkey cooker pot full of stream water (around 35-40 degrees) will mix to the perfect temperature for a nice hot shower that lasts somewhere close to 10 minutes if wanted. While one person is showering the next is boiling their water on the cooker. Works awesome.

I use those bigger anti bacterial wet wipes they use in the hospital. They have a scent so maybe not appropriate for all. I bought a case of them on amazon. They kept me clean the whole month I was in the hospital unable to shower. I would say if your counting oz’s they might be considered heavy. Ready Bath Lux is the brand. I use them for arse wiping as well.

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Remember to bathe along with any other bodily needs far away from water sources.

I use wipes. If it's a long trip I will fill two of my smart water bottles up. Spray myself down. Soap up and spray myself off.

Traveling in the Philippines where you bathed out of a bucket I learned quickly to use as little water as possible.

id450

WKR
da6ac0f4cedd7162d126d3caa4aaf1e7.jpg

I’ve always used a wipe and a water source if things get a bit rank. Just got these off Amazon. going to try them on a hunt next week. Im gonna pack 2 for a 6 day pack hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk