Showers out in the Field

howdy yall ! hope you're having a great day !

after spending so many days out there in the Wild how do you all go about taking a shower (if you even do so)

any recommendations for a shower setup ? I've heard that the manual pump showers are better than the electric ones !

any and all feed back is appreciated ! I'm open to links about particular shower set ups you have in mind ! willing to set up tarps around the "shower" so that no random passerby is surprised by my birthday suit ahahha

cheers yall

packer58

WKR
howdy yall ! hope you're having a great day !

after spending so many days out there in the Wild how do you all go about taking a shower (if you even do so)

any recommendations for a shower setup ? I've heard that the manual pump showers are better than the electric ones !

any and all feed back is appreciated ! I'm open to links about particular shower set ups you have in mind ! willing to set up tarps around the "shower" so that no random passerby is surprised by my birthday suit ahahha

cheers yall
Your shower setup will depend on what type of camp, obviously a backpack pack in type camp there are no luxury's. If your camping in a wall tent or truck camping there are many options.
My personal shower of choice is a propane tankless water heater and a 12 volt pump in a drum or water jug, works great ..........

Mike 338

WKR
Spit bath...

Back in WW 2, according to a guy I knew who was there, a soldier took many 'a bath out of his helmet. You can wash head to toe out of a container of hot water with a cloth as some soap. Dump soapy water after yer smell'in lovely and wipe down with non-soapy water. Dirty biodegradable wipes can be buried or just pitched in the trash bag hanging off the branch. All clean and ready for the soirée later that evening.

Wrench

WKR
Baby wipes. If you need more than that..grab a sock and hit the creek. If you're car camping, an rv pump and a piece of hose in a pot of water works on the cheap.

HoytHntr4

WKR
8832AD1D-D644-4B38-8848-D126C9A2E5B8.jpeg
I’m giving this a try this year at my truck camp. Just a cheap kitchen sprayer, hose barb fitting, and a 2gal spot sprayer. Will heat up water with my camp stove and hopefully be able to rinse off quick. Another nice option that I’ve used before that a buddy of mine had was a Zodi camp shower.

packer58

WKR
View attachment 597359
I’m giving this a try this year at my truck camp. Just a cheap kitchen sprayer, hose barb fitting, and a 2gal spot sprayer. Will heat up water with my camp stove and hopefully be able to rinse off quick. Another nice option that I’ve used before that a buddy of mine had was a Zodi camp shower.
This one works great, but ya gotta be pretty quick with two gallons ...... Very doable though

Fowl Play

WKR
If I am going to be in one spot for a long time near a water source, I will bring one of those 5 gal bag solar showers -- works great and packs small. But usually its baby wipes every couple days.

Carrot Farmer

WKR
Classified Approved
Coleman solar bag shower, para cord and a tree branch. Add one Jetboil of hot water and scrub a dub dub

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheHammer

WKR
I take a 5gallon solar bag, depending on the water source I use my 1gallon bag gravity filter to fill it. The little bit the bag, a 1oz soap pump bottle and a small towel weighs doesn’t bother my overall weight. But allows me to stay afield longer and helps the mental fortitude. If you are worried about cleaning yourself at a trailhead and others seeing your stuff - with the cold water, these bags tend to come with little tents as portable showers. I also have the 20$ electric shower pump, but that stays home. It works but could be a hassle or not necessary imo.

The weed sprayer and a kitchen sprayer combo is money. Extra points if you paint it black and the sun heats the water, but not required. A light rubber floor mat to stand on keeps your feet clean.

Mine are all 1 gallon. Fill half ish full of boiled water and top off with water from the jug, almost perfect temp. If you paint it black, only put in about half the water, solar heating works and if left full is too hot.

If a gallon can't do it, don't know what to tell ya. Wet down, soap up head down, rinse. Works great. Bar of soap knotted in the toe of the an old pair of panty hose works good and isn't as slippery too, btw.

Aswob5

FNG
I have been using the 2 gal sprayer setup the past 3 years. It's great if your close to the truck. 2 gallons gets me my whole body comfortably. If I wash my hair it's a race to not have to put more water in. To keep from standing in mud I'll take the plastic lid off my clothes container and shower over it

packer58

WKR
Yeah, something to stand on keeps you out of the mud, back in my construction years i got my hands on a fair amount of permeable track and field surface. It resembles stall mat but lets water flow through it, works great for a shower floor.

TaperPin

WKR
I like a turkey fryer setup and small refillable propane tank. It heats up water quick and is durable. Only heat the water to the temp you want - 104 degrees for me. Then a manual or electric sprayer and you’re in business.

feanor

WKR
Last year a guy set up his tent city and had a full porta potty style shower on the back of his trailer. He also was getting drunk during the middle of day. But hey- very comfortable.