Show off the Packs thread.... Yes its that time again

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Returning to the trailhead after an 8 mile pack out with 100 lbs pack. Its a Kuiu Icon 5200 and it rode like a dream...

photo_zpsa7354980.jpg

Congrats on a great pack out man....but you are the fist I have ever heard to call 100 pounds on your back a dream. :D
Nicely done sir on a great deer.

PhillyB

WKR
Congrats on a great pack out man....but you are the fist I have ever heard to call 100 pounds on your back a dream. :D
Nicely done sir on a great deer.

Haha Luke... "rides like a dream" is a relative term in relation to weight and misery. I switched from an Eberlestock Blue Widow to the Kuiu and the difference was night and day.

Blue is for the color your shoulders turn after hauling your first load of meat and widow is what your wife becomes if you try and use it for a second!

My J107 is great for fast spring bear mountain assaults but we get em down in one miserable load so it works.

hunter4life

Lil-Rokslider
Packing out the skull and horns on my bull from this year. The pack is an approximately 15 year old Black Diamond pack that works well as a big daypack or small overnight pack.

Now for the heavy lifters. Mules with meat, camp, and miscellaneous gear. We were going to end up with a rodeo trying to get the antlers on so I elected to carry them.

NorCal_AR

FNG
Here is my 2013 Bzone blacktail pack out, it was a bit rainy.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
BT1_2.jpgView attachment 11652BT1_1.jpg
Here's my brand new BT1, what a sweet piece of gear!!! I have to send a huge shout out to Kifaru, especially Angie, who made sure my pack arrived last thursday so I could take it into the mountains for a 4 day hunt on friday. Great customer service!

I've never enjoyed carrying a pack so much...I was actually looking forward to the end of my glassing sessions so I could get moving again and play with it, haha. Seriously, I love everything about it, money well spent.

Last edited: