Shotgun red dot suggestions

jolemons

WKR
12 ga shotgun used for turkey, non-lethal bear slugs, and home defense. Looking for suggestions on a good quality mid-range price red dot or holo-site with or without magnification. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Exarach

FNG
I tried an RMR on my turkey gun and hated it. Thought I needed a reddot after watching a bunch of vids. Ended up with irons.
If your set on it, would get a t1 or a tiny holosun

Burris fast fire is a good middle priced option. Burris sells a plate that mounts between the stock and receiver that you can mount the red dot too. I believe it's called their "speedbead" system.

If you've got a mind to consider other options, I've got one of the Primary Arms micro-prism 1x's on a 3.5" 12ga that I use on some coyote stands that has become a favorite. I have a bit of an astigmatism and different red dots can be hit or miss for me, but that prism's reticle is very clear and crisp. And it's built like a tank. Part of what I've found to be particularly useful is that it has a triangle tip in the center for fine aiming, but it's also surrounded by a donut that's reasonably good at matching shotgun patterning, for fast shooting. Probably spent 10 days in the field with it last year, and definitely recommend it for consideration.

N2TRKYS

WKR
I’ve used Burris ff3 and Vortex Venom on my turkey guns. I won’t have a turkey gun without a red dot, now. I prefer the Vortex, but both are good.

I’ve used Burris ff3 and Vortex Venom on my turkey guns. I won’t have a turkey gun without a red dot, now. I prefer the Vortex, but both are good.
Any reason you like the Vortex more? I’m between these two

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve an Eotech on my turkey gun but also a fan of the Aimpoint T-2.

Exarach

FNG
While we are at it, has anyone ever used a 3x magnifier with reddot on a turkey gun? I always wondered