Shot Tracking App

jhenry34

FNG
Hey guys and gals,

My brother and I have been working on a new app for archery practice tracking and would love to get some honest feedback from those of you who are passionate about improving your game. It’s called Full Draw, and it’s still in its early stages—so far, just a handful of users. The app is totally free, and we built it to help track accuracy, precision, distance, and more. I've been using it for the past few weeks and have really enjoyed being able to track my groupings for different distances and see visually where I need improvement. It's pretty intuitive, but let me know if you have any questions.

Some of the key features include:

• Measuring accuracy and precision over time

• Tracking your shooting distance

• Keeping a streak to motivate daily practice

• A leaderboard to compare scores

• The ability to challenge friends

I’m really interested in hearing what the community thinks—what features work, what doesn’t, and what could be added to improve the experience. The app is far from perfect, and your input could help shape it into something truly useful for archers.

If anyone’s willing to give it a try and share thoughts, I’d greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance for any feedback or ideas you can offer.

Here is the link to try it: https://fulldraw.io

Ho5tile1

WKR
No apple version or I’d give it a go. Good luck I look forward to it coming to apple so I can try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
jhenry34

jhenry34

FNG
No apple version or I’d give it a go. Good luck I look forward to it coming to apple so I can try it out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So actually, it is a web based app (not through any app store) so if you open it on your phone and sign in with a google account, you'll be prompted on how to add the app to your home screen.

To do so, you just need to tap the "share" button (the little box with the arrow pointing up) then scroll down and tap "Add to Home Screen" and the app will appear! I use an iPhone and it has worked great.

OP
jhenry34

jhenry34

FNG
Without signing into it, I can't see how it exactly works, but how is it different from MyTargets?
The goal with our app is to create a little more intuitive process, while also integrating AI to give a "FullDraw" score which takes into account accuracy, consistency, and distance to give a pretty good feel for where you are as an archer and where you need to focus to improve.

There's also an AI coaching tab which will give suggested feedback (this will get better as the AI learns more from a broader user base and be able to give more specific coaching points).

From a social perspective, the ability to challenge friends is great for competition and holding your hunting partners accountable on their practice.

Like I said initially, we are looking for feedback on how to make this the best possible product for hunters and casual archers. It's not necessarily intended to be for the serious target shooter. We are discussing how to integrate different target faces and potentially even 3D targets to give users more options on that front.

The goal with our app is to create a little more intuitive process, while also integrating AI to give a "FullDraw" score which takes into account accuracy, consistency, and distance to give a pretty good feel for where you are as an archer and where you need to focus to improve.

There's also an AI coaching tab which will give suggested feedback (this will get better as the AI learns more from a broader user base and be able to give more specific coaching points).

From a social perspective, the ability to challenge friends is great for competition and holding your hunting partners accountable on their practice.

Like I said initially, we are looking for feedback on how to make this the best possible product for hunters and casual archers. It's not necessarily intended to be for the serious target shooter. We are discussing how to integrate different target faces and potentially even 3D targets to give users more options on that front.

I'd say integrating 3d targets could be useful to some.

ASA/Mckenzie are a standard size, IBO/Rinehart change ring size according to target, but the information is available on the ring sizes.

Here's what I have done for a number of years, I shoot target faces, keep score, and keep track of everything.

When I'm saying keep track of everything, I mean, I'm writing down of course the bow, the arrows, usually the fletching, spine, point weight, or those shafts are identified that way some where. Rest or blade size, sometimes position if im playing with that some. The pin size I'm using, the magnification, the DW, holding or letoff, and bars along with amount of weight on them. I track what's working off of scores, but you need to have a fair number, cause you have up and down days, and sometimes need a bit for adjusting to what you changed to.

So, if you don't have a category that is keeping track of the accessories on the bow, I'd think that could be helpful. Lots of people think something is helping them, but they aren't actually tracking results. Could possibly have a section for weather, so if you are tracking your performance and you have a round where your results were subpar, you could see a possible reason why. If you have something as simple as multiple bow options for shooting, that would handle it. I guess I need to investigate it a bit more before I just keep throwing ideas out, I just don't like putting my info into something I'm unfamiliar with.

OP
jhenry34

jhenry34

FNG
Here's what I have done for a number of years, I shoot target faces, keep score, and keep track of everything.

When I'm saying keep track of everything, I mean, I'm writing down of course the bow, the arrows, usually the fletching, spine, point weight, or those shafts are identified that way some where. Rest or blade size, sometimes position if im playing with that some. The pin size I'm using, the magnification, the DW, holding or letoff, and bars along with amount of weight on them. I track what's working off of scores, but you need to have a fair number, cause you have up and down days, and sometimes need a bit for adjusting to what you changed to.

So, if you don't have a category that is keeping track of the accessories on the bow, I'd think that could be helpful. Lots of people think something is helping them, but they aren't actually tracking results. Could possibly have a section for weather, so if you are tracking your performance and you have a round where your results were subpar, you could see a possible reason why. If you have something as simple as multiple bow options for shooting, that would handle it. I guess I need to investigate it a bit more before I just keep throwing ideas out, I just don't like putting my info into something I'm unfamiliar with.
That's something I told my brother we need to integrate, so its good to hear that feedback. I like the idea of being able to create different "bow profiles" and "arrow profiles" that you can select for a certain session. Would definitely help when comparing your setups. Thank you!

That's something I told my brother we need to integrate, so its good to hear that feedback. I like the idea of being able to create different "bow profiles" and "arrow profiles" that you can select for a certain session. Would definitely help when comparing your setups. Thank you!

I think as long as you can have multiple bow profiles, it's easy enough to just select the bow that has 6 ounces on the front, or bow with 8 ounces, etc while testing those variables. So it wouldn't be complicated, just need to have several bow profiles available per user that they would be able to compare independently.