Shot timer recommendations

Snowhunter11

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for shot timer recommendations. Plan to shoot more this year and would like to do “hunting drills” to help train for big days ahead. I personally don’t need anything special however I would like it to work well and work for some time. Any knowledge of would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Looking for shot timer recommendations. Plan to shot more this year and would like to do “hunting drills” to help train for big days ahead. I personally don’t need anything special however I would like it to work well and work dir some time. Any knowledge of would be appreciated.

I prefer the CED7000. The switchology is better than others, the beep is louder, and it does better in high humidity/light rain than most others.

I have used the PAC Club Timer in the past but now I have the kestrel definitely not the cheapest option but this one has the ability to change the setting for dry fire and adjust the beep to use indoors. Waterproof and dust proof as well as drop tested.

houser52

FNG
Competition Electronics Pocket Pro. I’ve had the same one for 25+ years and never had a bit of trouble. I used to shoot a lot of IDPA matches and that’s what the ranges used.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve had a couple CED 7000, and a Pocket Pro. I liked them all until they all crapped out within 2-4 years. Pretty frustrating.

I’m guessing the Kestrel would hold up.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I’ve had a couple CED 7000, and a Pocket Pro. I liked them all until they all crapped out within 2-4 years. Pretty frustrating.

I’m guessing the Kestrel would hold up.

Pocket Pro’s yes, however I have 8-9 CED7000’s that have been used extremely heavily since 2017 without issue, and a couple from when they were first introduced. That’s one of the reasons I prefer the CED as they have been significantly more reliable.