Short quotes that speak volumes.

I like brief quotes that encapsulate much wisdom in a few words. This world is full of too many folks that talk a great deal but say very little. On the other hand we have plenty of people that seem to be intently listening but truly hear very little. I suspect both groups suffer due to excessive human noise disguised as conversation.

I find that a short powerful phrase can be much more meaningful and thought provoking than an avalanche of words which carry no significance.

Tell me some of your favorite quotes-here is one of mine.

Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
~~ Guddu Vivan
"The body then is indifferent between vice and virtue, as also instruments (or arms) are. But either effect is wrought by him that useth it. As if a soldier fighting in his country’s behalf, and a robber who was arming against the inhabitants, had the same weapons for defence. For the fault is not laid to the suit of armor, but to those that use it to an ill end." -St John Chrysostom (A.D. 347-407)

GSPHUNTER

WKR
If you were my husband I would poison you drink, madam, if you're my wife, I would drink it.

JDT1982

FNG
“Reader, suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself.”

“When I was a boy of 14, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be 21, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years.”

Both by Mark Twain