Short quotes that speak volumes.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I like brief quotes that encapsulate much wisdom in a few words. This world is full of too many folks that talk a great deal but say very little. On the other hand we have plenty of people that seem to be intently listening but truly hear very little. I suspect both groups suffer due to excessive human noise disguised as conversation.

I find that a short powerful phrase can be much more meaningful and thought provoking than an avalanche of words which carry no significance.

Tell me some of your favorite quotes-here is one of mine.

Falling down is an accident, staying down is a choice.
~~ Guddu Vivan

“It is when people forget God that tyrants forge their chains." Patrick Henry

A little longer, but poignant as well:

"The mightiest disaster ever known in the world was the soul of man, more like God than anything, and more fitted to God's sweet music than all other creatures, with the light gone from his mind and the love gone from his heart, stumbling through a dark world to find himself a grave." A.W Tozer

“You can be married six or seven times and each of those women can be a good woman, but you only get one good dog.”

Elderly critic of the human condition, commenting on the temperament of my dog as he stood in the snow next to his eight foot mound of minnow traps and then ran his tongue over his toothless gums repeatedly.