Shooting Full Bore Muzzleloading bullets

OP
wesleylee1984
My daughter and I tried the new Hornady 340gr ELD-X Bore-Drivers today. Impressive accuracy! Sure hope they perform as well as they shoot.
What twist rate is your rifle? Would a 1 in 23 twist stabilize these bullets they look great

OP
wesleylee1984
My daughter and I tried the new Hornady 340gr ELD-X Bore-Drivers today. Impressive accuracy! Sure hope they perform as well as they shoot.
What twist rate is your rifle? Would a 1 in 28 twist stabilize these bullets they look

I shot the Thors out of my CVA accura mrx. They shot very good, I haven't taken any game with them so I cant comment on terminal performance. I tested loads for this gun with a scope, and I could consistently get sub MOA groups at 100 yards.

Currently I am shooting 320gr Fury universal fits through a CVA Paramount Pro Colorado. I am very impressed with accuracy. Really falling in love with that bullet/load combo out of this gun. I've stretched them out to 300 yards with surprisingly good accuracy, I'll be stretching them out a bit further over the coming weeks to see just how far I can reach with open sights.

I have a couple packs of the Hornady Boredriver ELDX that I was planning to try, but the Fury's are doing so well that I am reluctant to change now. I'm thinking 300-350 yards will be the max my eyes can go with open sights, and the Fury's are already doing a good job out to 300, so I'm not sure what I'd gain by switching to the ELDXs. If I could run a scope and push them out to further distances, that's probably where they would start to out perform the Fury's.

I do think those ELDX bullets might really shine in the more "traditional" inlines like the Accura etc. Without the added velocity of the Paramount, those higher BC bullets might give the edge on being able to stretch those guns out a bit further. Glad to hear they are shooting well for guys.