SHERPA GAME CART

Voyageur

WKR
The cart you posted looks OK, but what would concern me is the air-filled tires. Lots of flat tire headaches with those.
Back when I stilll used a cart I used this one: https://bowsite.com/nxt/
It's heavy and built like a tank. I have had no problems with mine.
Have you considered using a pack, and game bags and quartering/boning your deer in the field? For me that has proven to be way simpler and more convenient. Just a thought. Hope this helps.

OP
B
The cart you posted looks OK, but what would concern me is the air-filled tires. Lots of flat tire headaches with those.
Back when I stilll used a cart I used this one: https://bowsite.com/nxt/
It's heavy and built like a tank. I have had no problems with mine.
Have you considered using a pack, and game bags and quartering/boning your deer in the field? For me that has proven to be way simpler and more convenient. Just a thought. Hope this helps.
Thanks for the reply! I would prefer to butcher it in a garage.

How much did the versa cart cost you?

I bought a hawk game cart. It has tires with tubes but the tire is pretty stout itself. Easily replaced with puncture proof dolly cart wheels. I like it because it has 4 wheels and they all pivot independently to go over rocks and logs.

Yoder

WKR
The NXT Shot versacart the best game cart I've ever used. My dad has one. https://bowsite.com/nxt/gamecarrier.html but I'm not sure if they went out of business. You would have to call and ask. I have one similar to the one you are looking at. I got it from Cabelas. My only issue with it is it tips over. It's still way better than dragging. The versacart has canted wheels and you can drag it over just about anything and it won't tip.

I’ve used tubed tires on my carts for many years and for many miles and never had a flat.
My use is on logging roads, timber, and sage type terrain.
I don’t like the metal spoked and/or puncture proof rubber tires due to the weight.

OP
B
The NXT Shot versacart the best game cart I've ever used. My dad has one. https://bowsite.com/nxt/gamecarrier.html but I'm not sure if they went out of business. You would have to call and ask. I have one similar to the one you are looking at. I got it from Cabelas. My only issue with it is it tips over. It's still way better than dragging. The versacart has canted wheels and you can drag it over just about anything and it won't tip.
They are not in production at this time

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I'm in the market for a good quality game cart. Does anyone have experience with this game cart? and if so, how do you like it?

Also, I would appreciate any other suggestions for game carts. I'll be using it in the Michigan woods to haul deer.
I have that same model but with the solid rubber, flat free tires and it has treated me well for 3 seasons now. Really lightweight for the load capacity and folds flat so you have the ability to strap it to your pack when empty. I just hauled out an entire 6 pt bull on it a couple weeks ago with no issue. Only flaw I've noticed are the cotter pins that hold the wheels on can easily pop off. I'll be swapping them out with locking pins at some point soon. Highly recommend this cart.

Last edited:

SWOHTR

WKR
I don’t get those carts. Anywhere I’ve ever gone is nowhere you’d be able to use one of those. But maybe you all have spots that are flat and brush-free?

Valumpessa

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t get those carts. Anywhere I’ve ever gone is nowhere you’d be able to use one of those. But maybe you all have spots that are flat and brush-free?
If you're miles behind a gate hunting off travel management/walk-in only roads, those carts can be pure gold. Pack your quarters, or drag the whole animal out of the brush to the nearest road, go get cart, place meat in cart and wheel everything back to your vehicle in one trip. For elk, it can save a single person 3-4 pack outs. If you're hunting in areas where all roads are driveable, then yes the carts are probably not useful.. at least in the steep, brushy areas I'm used to here in Oregon.

Last edited:

Mosby

WKR
I have a Versacart. Got it years ago. It's going with me to Iowa this year for deer season. It's a life saver when you're hunting by yourself.

TheHammer

WKR
After several designs, before it was legal to 1/4 them up, if the marsh was frozen this is how I did it here in Wisconsin. Tried several designs throughout the generations. This one has a couple flaws, but acts as a sled in mud alike as cart on frozen ground/ditch banks. Foam filled tires on mag wheels, welded conduit with expanded metal in the center. Very well balanced. Easy to make, bungee’s and ratchet strap acceptable. Necessary for our 3-7 mile marsh treks.

Attachments

• 55ADD02E-58B7-4DB3-9426-90D92503A7C0.jpeg
    55ADD02E-58B7-4DB3-9426-90D92503A7C0.jpeg
    362.9 KB · Views: 83
I own the Sherpa Mag game cart with solid tires. It is one of the lightest carts and one of the few USA made carts out there. It packs small and is ultra light. The mountain bike adapter is a good feature too. We have packed out 6 Pronghorns and a few deer. Great investment and great small business with good communication.
edit: I have lost a part or two in rough terrain, but snap pins and hitch pin parts can be bought at local hardware stores and replaced easy and cheap. Now keep a few spares attached to cart

Last edited:

fishslap

WKR
I don’t get people who make comments that don’t contribute to the intent of the subject. Seems to be a thing here with certain members. Anyway…I have this area that I hunt mule deer in that has an old road that goes through it. It’s been closed for a very long time. Every year I see a few bulls in small valley that’s about 7 miles in. The rest of the country is rugged. I finally bought a game cart last year and picked up a bull tag to go with my deer tag. There is no way I would have shot this bull without that cart. The old road/trail has plenty of hills but was doable. I hope this helps answer your questions. For the OP, the cart below is an Allen meat wagon. Wheels are hard plastic and loud as hell. Various bolts were loose out of the box, didn’t check them, and I lost one on the way in. Broke the supplied straps also. Replaced the bolts, added some loctite, and bought some straps from kifaru for this season.
00341584-4925-4C4D-A0C3-6BEB677AAEE5.jpeg

Legend

WKR
If you are ok only using your game cart on roads and open fields then any cart will work. If you want to use it on a single track trail and (in legally available areas) off trail then this is your cart. http://www.neetkart.com/

Hauled a bunch of elk on it. Best I have used but we did upgrade to disc brakes.

bpa556

FNG
If you are ok only using your game cart on roads and open fields then any cart will work. If you want to use it on a single track trail and (in legally available areas) off trail then this is your cart. http://www.neetkart.com/

Hauled a bunch of elk on it. Best I have used but we did upgrade to disc brakes.

This is an awesome cart and we love ours. Emphasis on “we”. This is NOT a cart to consider if you are a one-man operation!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk