Selling my bow, value?

tony

WKR
Bought a Hoyt Power Max a few years back. Regional outdoor shop had a package set up, bow, case, arrows, release, bag target, broadheads, etc, Turn key set up. Think I paid $700-800 for it.

I fired it a handful of times, and just never got into it, so I'm wanting to sell it all.

What is a good way to figure a price for all this? I know the bow is discontinued.
Am I off the mark at $500-600 for all this?

OR Archer

WKR
Yes you’re off the mark by quite a bit. Even in excellent shape your top dollar on that bow would be $250-300.

Selling a bow is like trying to sell a smart phone or a laptop.

Prices drop pretty rapid every year, once you get to 5-6 years old most are pretty outdated.

Checking ebay for completed sales will help, I'd say 2-300 depending on how nice things like the sight and bow case are.

Maybe inflation has hit bows too, I'm surprised at prices...

Screenshot_20221019-161259_eBay.jpgScreenshot_20221019-161310_eBay.jpg

OP
T

tony

WKR
Big thanks for the leg work!
I was going to check ebay as well.
I know everyine says it about their stuff, but this thing still has the show room shine on it.
I'm going to try local sales first, then maybe ebay.

Wonder how I could ship a bow? In the case?

WoodBow

WKR
Big thanks for the leg work!
I was going to check ebay as well.
I know everyine says it about their stuff, but this thing still has the show room shine on it.
I'm going to try local sales first, then maybe ebay.

Wonder how I could ship a bow? In the case?
Yes shipping in the case is best case scenario. Zip tie it shut.

Dirtbag

WKR
I've had good luck on selling local craigslist and it will save you the packaging and shipping.

I just use bow boxes when I ship them, that's what the manufacturers do. I package them a little more securely with some bubble wrap and such. But they get shipped all over in a high crush rated cardboard box, bow in a plastic bag in the box.

OP
T

tony

WKR
I'm going to try the FB market and look at Craigslist as well

Try and sell local if you can with bows eBay will take 10% and you still have to pay shipping which will be a lot on a bow. If you can't find a local buyer use pirateship to ship for a little cheaper