Selling Gen 4 G 20; bad idea?

Shortschaf

WKR
Classified Approved
yes I mean the plate. Unless they changed the plates, mine looked like the one in the pic. I vastly prefer it to sit lower.

As for the cost of +$100, I copied that exactly from Idahobeav's post. I have zero clue if thats actual street price for MOS these days

Attachments

• IMG_1287.jpeg
    IMG_1287.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 12

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
yes I mean the plate. Unless they changed the plates, mine looked like the one in the pic. I vastly prefer it to sit lower.

As for the cost of +$100, I copied that exactly from Idahobeav's post. I have zero clue if thats actual street price for MOS these days
Oh I see, the actual RMR sits higher, yeah I guess it would have to sit higher, I suppose the brand/model would have different heights. The actual plate that comes with the gun just sits flush, no problem. I havnt had mine loosen up in 500+ rounds a lot of which was trying out different types of hot loaded bear defense ammo.

I suppose if you were really worried about that, you could loctite the screws. But I also get your point about having an option without the cut out at all.

All in all, o really like my gen5, it was a good upgrade in many ways From my gen4 which I really had no complaints about.

OP
N

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
I had the gen 4 for 7-8 years, I carried it everywhere. Every hike, boat ride, camping trip, hunt, even out walking the dogs in the woods. I absolutely loved my gen 4 and had zero complaints about it.

I got my hands on the gen 5 though and knew right then and there I was ready to make the switch. I got my gen 5, put trijicon sights on it, and havn’t looked back.

The only downside which I didn’t know at the time of the purchase is that all those gen 4 haters I had would not fit the gen 5. Luckily my buddy who bought my gen 4 wanted all of that stuff.
Which sights did you go with from Trijicon? Does the rear sight extend past the slide?

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Which sights did you go with from Trijicon? Does the rear sight extend past the slide?
No, I think they are just the right and tough ones (I think that’s what they are called). I think the HD ones will hang off the back. I emailed them when I was buying the sights and they were helpful.

OP
N

NEPkaspot

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks. I called them and can get an XR front and standard rear like you said. I think that will be great. Thanks for the tip!