WTS/WTT Seller's not wanting buyer's to use Regular PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought several scopes from members on here and never had an issue with them accepting Regular PayPal. I am seeing more and more people wanting you to use PayPal Friends and Family, Venmo or Zelle. When you pay that way you have no recourse if the product you are buying doesn't arrive and if it does will it be in working condition and as described? I understand some buyers will do a chargeback with PayPal trying to get something for nothing, but if you document everything right and have proof it was delivered via the tracking number or requiring a signature there shouldn't be any issues. This is a great form and I hope buyers and sellers both understand they need to protect themselves and this great form. You can always ask the buyer or seller for the name of others members that they have done business with. Just my 2 cents, I would never buy anything from a stranger where I had no way of pleading my case to PayPal if something was wrong with the item or it never showed up. I also just read that it's against the rules to ask for someone who is not a friend or family member to use PayPal F&F and Gift. It also says Rokslide won't help you out if you choose to use F&F or Gift in PayPal with someone you don't know. If this post is against any rules please let me know, I don't want to sound like I'm someone I'm not.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
PayPal does not protect gun related purchases. If you want protection for gun related purchases or sales, start using Guntab, the purchaser can pay via credit card, so they can also have consumer protections.

*zap*

WKR
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
If you do not like the sellers terms of sale then move on....simple and no whining is necessary.

Gun related sales can lead to a seller having lots of problems with paypal....fwiw.

nphunter

WKR
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I understand and agree to some extent. However PayPal will send a W9 if you sell over $600 and then you have to count that as income. Obviously you can itemize it if you sell enough and show a loss but it does make selling random hunting gear less attractive since with the new standard deduction most cannot itemize and come out ahead. I’d rather not claim gear that I’m taking a loss on as income.

I don’t like F&F for the most part for purchasing unless it’s a WKR, if that is the case Venmo is a good option. I still typically sell with regular PayPal and prefer to buy that way. I don’t sell enough that I’m worried about taking a hit.

Face8780

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Agree! Been burned twice paying F&F. Never again. PayPal won’t do anything if you pay that way. And, *Zap*, it doesn’t sound like whining to me. Actually, it kinda sounds like you might be the sort to do the screwin if that’s your response.

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Agree! Been burned twice paying F&F. Never again. PayPal won’t do anything if you pay that way. And, *Zap*, it doesn’t sound like whining to me. Actually, it kinda sounds like you might be the sort to do the screwin if that’s your response.
@*zap* has a 31 for 31 positive feedback record on Rokslide transactions going back 3+ years...if he's a scammer, he's sure playing a long game.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have bought several scopes from members on here and never had an issue with them accepting Regular PayPal. I am seeing more and more people wanting you to use PayPal Friends and Family, Venmo or Zelle. When you pay that way you have no recourse if the product you are buying doesn't arrive and if it does will it be in working condition and as described? I understand some buyers will do a chargeback with PayPal trying to get something for nothing, but if you document everything right and have proof it was delivered via the tracking number or requiring a signature there shouldn't be any issues. This is a great form and I hope buyers and sellers both understand they need to protect themselves and this great form. You can always ask the buyer or seller for the name of others members that they have done business with. Just my 2 cents, I would never buy anything from a stranger where I had no way of pleading my case to PayPal if something was wrong with the item or it never showed up. I also just read that it's against the rules to ask for someone who is not a friend or family member to use PayPal F&F and Gift. It also says Rokslide won't help you out if you choose to use F&F or Gift in PayPal with someone you don't know. If this post is against any rules please let me know, I don't want to sound like I'm someone I'm not.
If you don’t like F&F just offer to pay the sellers fee and they will happily sell to you as goods and services.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Venmo is owned by PayPal. May as well use F&F because you'll receive the same protection. The new rule applies if you make over $600 in profit through PayPal sales. If you sell gear for less than you paid then you can sell every damn thing you've ever bought, it still isn't going to count as income. If you don't have a good vibe from a seller, don't do business with them.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Venmo is owned by PayPal. May as well use F&F because you'll receive the same protection. The new rule applies if you make over $600 in profit through PayPal sales. If you sell gear for less than you paid then you can sell every damn thing you've ever bought, it still isn't going to count as income. If you don't have a good vibe from a seller, don't do business with them.
That is exactly correct, in relation to income. Yet, misinformation continually gets repeated. The bottom line is that the vast majority of sellers here are not making a profit on items and gain nothing from F&F. if they stand behind what they sell. So I am always suspicious of those insisting on F&F, and I simply don't purchase from them.

Sportsman247

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My response is not about purchasing a gun through PayPal but using F&F. I had a transaction last year where the seller insisted I go F&F and I reluctantly did so. Well, as soon as he received my money I never heard from him again. Filed a grievance with PayPal as was told that since I used F&F, I was on my on. Hard pill to swallow and I was out 250 bucks. Lesson Learned! By the way, it was not anyone on here, it was a Facebook Marketplace purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.