WTS/WTT Seller's not wanting buyer's to use Regular PayPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLJ

WKR
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I believe (know) @ChrisAU was sarcastically referencing the feedback stats system that is already in place here. Which I personally prefer to the 1600 page good guy thread on the fire that started in 2004. Takes a while to track someone down over there.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Exactly, no good member on here is going to ask you to give up all your protection to a stranger. I leave feedback but not everyone does. If you read Rokslide's Rules they tell you not to use PayPal F&F or Gift for transactions. It also says Rokslide will not help you if you used F&F or Gift as well, you can read it in the classifieds section.
I won’t accept g/s so I guess my 8 years, 3000 posts, and dozens and dozens of transactions don’t mean a thing. Can I please get my WKR changed to NGM (no good member).

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Lastly, you can still send a payment with friends and family but use a credit card. If the seller does not follow through, you can file a dispute with your credit card company.
Agree with all that the new IRS rule is causing quite a bit of angst in what used to be a pretty free-flowing market of used goods - especially on sites like this. As folks point out it either requires sellers to keep receipts and prove the cost of goods sold; or buyers taking significant risks to work around the system.

However, I really don’t think the idea that someone can break PayPal rules (PayPal is pretty explict about the use of F&F) and then get their CC company to intercede and get their money back.

OP
M
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won’t accept g/s so I guess my 8 years, 3000 posts, and dozens and dozens of transactions don’t mean a thing. Can I please get my WKR changed to NGM (no good member).
Not everyone has been on here 8 years. Why would I send someone $800 for something that might not show up, show up broke or isn't anything like described? I would have no recourse do to using F&F or Gift. Read Rokslides stance on this rule and see what it says, it says not to use F&F or Gift if you do not know the person and they will not help you if you decide to risk it and accept F&F or Gift. I have bought at least 6 scopes off this form and none of the sellers have ever asked me to use anything but G&S until a new guy to the form told me he would only do F&F. If you choose not to use G&S it's none of my business but I want to warn people who don't know they have no recourse if things go bad. I had a guy pick up a $1600 rifle I sold him and he filed 2 chargebacks and lost both, it took 4 months to resolve.

LionHead

WKR
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You can always pay full price retail or play the game

I've been using F&F for almost every single purchase since I dunno 2014? on Rokslide.com thankfully I haven't been burned yet and if I do I won't whine about it, I'll report it and carry on.

There's a risk to every online transactions that's not F2F. If you get burned just report it an keep moving forward...you know as a fact that your not dealing with a retailer...there's no returns, no warranty and no refunds...

And no one's selling this shit at a garage sale near you thats why your online looking for it ...you want the security pay evil bay and pay for it , Guns? Gun broker.com... there's a reason they charge a fee for the SERVICE they provide.

Rokslide.com isn't liable for any transactions, promises, or deals made on the open forum classifieds any more than your local news paper want add is liable for you getting Catfished on a blind date with a 40 year old male virgin instead of a "hot 20's blond beautiful F4m Dtf" lol

Hopefully we're all just Men or Women interested in buying/selling/trading gear for which we have passion and not bitch ass scammers. And if you are a criminal you'll rot in hell because from my personal training and experience your a career piece of shit and you'll get yours in the end.

So buy and sell or don't buy and sell but please don't whine about it. Every hunt you go on you could die falling off a cliff, getting shot by another hunter or eaten buy a bear, your hobby carries inherent risk and so does life. If you want security with a 90 day return policy go to the retailer and pay their asking price .

Rokslide admin does an amazing job keeping up on the ass clowns and making sure our site stays as classy as can be. I appreciate all their hard work for zero dollars from us users and will continue to enjoy the content and community they have created here.

*Mic drop*.

*Steps of soap box*

*Exit stage left*

*Roaring standing ovation*

( take this as jovial and light hearted as I meant it to be)

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

rclouse79

WKR
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I bought something from a member on here that would only do friends and family. I was a little concerned, but for $140 I figured I would risk it and it turned out fine. I would not personally buy a big ticket item without being able to put my hands on it first.

___DAN___

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Some of these comments make me dumber.

OP, I recommend always using PP GS. Don't even mess with people that will only sell FF. Though I'm relatively new to this forum, I have been a member on AT classified forums since 2004 with 100% feedback selling bows and items. I don't have anyone hesitating to buy from me, but I still make the buyer use GS. 3% on top is a peace of mind.
I've seen too many people get burnt using FF. Its your hard earned money at the end of the day on the line, not the buyer's pride of years joined, post made, 100% positive feedback, and 1099 they are getting at the end of the year.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As we all know the big reason for a seller to want to use F&F or gift, is the extra 3% fees
for using Paypal. That adds up quickly, and somebody has to pay it.

OP
M
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can always pay full price retail or play the game

I've been using F&F for almost every single purchase since I dunno 2014? on Rokslide.com thankfully I haven't been burned yet and if I do I won't whine about it, I'll report it and carry on.

There's a risk to every online transactions that's not F2F. If you get burned just report it an keep moving forward...you know as a fact that your not dealing with a retailer...there's no returns, no warranty and no refunds...

And no one's selling this shit at a garage sale near you thats why your online looking for it ...you want the security pay evil bay and pay for it , Guns? Gun broker.com... there's a reason they charge a fee for the SERVICE they provide.

Rokslide.com isn't liable for any transactions, promises, or deals made on the open forum classifieds any more than your local news paper want add is liable for you getting Catfished on a blind date with a 40 year old male virgin instead of a "hot 20's blond beautiful F4m Dtf" lol

Hopefully we're all just Men or Women interested in buying/selling/trading gear for which we have passion and not bitch ass scammers. And if you are a criminal you'll rot in hell because from my personal training and experience your a career piece of shit and you'll get yours in the end.

So buy and sell or don't buy and sell but please don't whine about it. Every hunt you go on you could die falling off a cliff, getting shot by another hunter or eaten buy a bear, your hobby carries inherent risk and so does life. If you want security with a 90 day return policy go to the retailer and pay their asking price .

Rokslide admin does an amazing job keeping up on the ass clowns and making sure our site stays as classy as can be. I appreciate all their hard work for zero dollars from us users and will continue to enjoy the content and community they have created here.

*Mic drop*.

*Steps of soap box*

*Exit stage left*

*Roaring standing ovation*

( take this as jovial and light hearted as I meant it to be)

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk
Glad you have always had good luck buying and selling, I will never sell someone something that is broke or missing anything. Even though it's used doesn't mean it shouldn't work correctly. I have been burned before but never again. I respect how you feel about how you conduct your business please respect mine as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.