Seeking Turkey Call Mini-Vest / Chest Rig Solution

zacattack

WKR
Does it ride in front for access? How is it situated when sitting against a tree? I always had to take a Fanny pack off to access against the tree because of the awkward position.

Are you carrying a seat along with the Rohan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It slides around pretty easily even with the battle belt on So it’s not that big of a problem to just switch it from front to back when you wanted stuff or to sit against a tree.

Shadow14

WKR
Im playing with/building a system now.

Kifaru Steelhead chest rig
marsupial gear hydration pack
marsupial modular belt and yoke
Kifaru organizer and belt pouch
retro fitted turkey seat

Can use this for deer and turkey. Hoping it works out. Should be getting everything finished next week.

wildbill

Lil-Rokslider
Think I might have found my system, set up a claymore pouch with strap off of kifaru duffel I had laying around. Claymore plenty big enough for all my calls and Binoculars as well some snacks.will use the door gunner for extra layer and water. Should know more Saturday

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
On a reverse note I like to use my turkey vest for spot and stalk deer and bear hunts in the mountains. Has a padded seat and pockets for everything I need. Some products that are targeted to one market can work equally well in another. Honestly I didn't like the Rogan until I applied it to my turkey gear. Works when I wanna ditch the vest.

zacattack

WKR
To each their own but why in the world would you buy so many different things, to substitute for something specially built for the task? At a 1/5 of the price?
I just hate wearing the dang vests. Sweated to death wearing them in my younger days in the southeast.

zacattack

WKR
I wasn’t referring to the vests. Because I feel the same way. It’s the $500 in pockets, chest rigs, belts, and pouches, made for something else, instead of just buying the Turkey pro.
I know for me it’s versatility. The Turkey pro looks awesome but it looks pretty much like it’s dedicated for Turkey hunting and might not work at a lot of other tasks. Like the Rogan isn’t really made for one particular task, but it will hold a ton of turkey calls, and then I could take it deer hunting, running to hold water etc., fishing and so on.

Bmcox86

WKR
I was searching for the same thing before season. My needs were to be able to carry a couple pot calls, strikers, mouth calls, owl hooter or crow call, headlamp, binos, 3 extra shells and a turkey tote. After buying and quickly selling the sitka fanny pack ( way to big) I came up with this using my t and k bino harness/admin pouch and rangefinder pouch. The little pocket when you flip open the bino harness works great for mouth calls.

Ended up working great, I took two great birds in two days. I will tweak a few things before next season.
PXL_20220317_232714192.jpgPXL_20220317_232748252.jpgPXL_20220317_232859631.jpgPXL_20220415_122416082.jpg

hoytrules

FNG
I used the Rogan this year for turkey and don't plan on going back to a vest. It surprised me how much you can pack in the Rogan.

OP
W
So after seeing all this good feedback 2 years ago, I rigged up an old S4Gear bino harness with a cheap leg-mounted turkey rig I'd had for years. It has worked flawlessly the last 2 seasons... such a better solution for me than a vest. I need a good backpack when out chasing mountain birds in big country. This thing kicks butt, but when it finally goes I will look into Outdoor Vision or similar... thanks for the feedback folks!

Preview attachment IMG_1515.jpg
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...350568&th=18e04df34957f668&view=att&disp=safe
https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui...350568&th=18e04df34957f668&view=att&disp=safe

IMG_1515.jpg
1.3 MB
Preview attachment IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg
1 MB