Seeking thoughts and advice

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
Yes. That is correct on the rating. I’m tall so I always go by guy heights for length on stuff like bags and I have found that I just go by the survival rating then add 15 or 20 degrees. That’s what I figure is actually comfortable use.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
Update on sleep system.
I ordered a new pad. Exped ultra 8R.
kinda narrowed down to 3 different bags.

BIG AGNES Lost Ranger 3N1 0. I can get a good deal on it. And really like that it can be configured for all seasons as well as attaches to pad. $345

Snugpak softie elite 5. I’ve used very similar bag and it was built like a tank, warm down to at least 0 degrees. Not down n weighs 5 lbs. doesn’t compress down small. About 11x12
Smaller and 2 lbs lighter than I’m currently using plus warmer. $150

Mountain Hardware Bishop Pass 0.
Lightest and smallest of the 3. Doesn’t connect to pad. $340

My usage would be summer hiking backpack fishing in 80’s but then I just use hammock n poncho liner mostly. Fall and early winter backpack hunting with temps maybe 60 to 10 but usually 40 to 20.
Anybody use or know much about these 3 ?
Which would you choose and why ?

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
Anyone care to help with recommendation or experience with these?

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Have you looked into Western Mountaineering bags or Feathered friends? Worth every penny in my opinion especially for a purchase that should last you 10 or more years.

REI has a sale going on and has the Magma Co-Op that I have read good things about.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
Thank you. Yes those 2 companies I’m familiar with. Excellent bags.
Rei didn’t have any women longs in that bag in store nor the men’s regular. I looked at them and was going to get one on sale. Men’s long is to big and women’s regular is to short.
I ordered a mountain Hardware 0 bag off Govx. $275

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you. Yes those 2 companies I’m familiar with. Excellent bags.
Rei didn’t have any women longs in that bag in store nor the men’s regular. I looked at them and was going to get one on sale. Men’s long is to big and women’s regular is to short.
I ordered a mountain Hardware 0 bag off Govx. $275
Just remember that degree rating may be the survival rating and not the comfort rating.

OP
Huntchic

Huntchic

FNG
Yes. I understand that. I’ve got a -20 bag for when it’s really cold already but it’s heavy.