Scythe-Ti recoil reduction

Sevens

WKR
Can’t find an answer for this, but would a Scythe-Ti with its 1.73” diameter tube reduce recoil better than a similarly sized 1.5” diameter can (Enticer-STi, Harvester EVO, etc.)

Interested in the Scythe Ti if it will reduce recoil more than my Harvester EVO. The weight savings is a plus, but not worth getting if minimal recoil reduction difference. Happy with sound suppression on the EVO.

Last edited:
I don't see a lot of difference between my longer thinner cans and my shorter thicker ones when it comes to recoil reduction. That being said, I haven't tried them back to back on the same gun as my cans tend to ride on the same rig for life.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Can’t find an answer for this, but would a Scythe-Ti with its 1.73” diameter tube reduce recoil better than a similarly sized 1.5” diameter can (Enticer-STi, Harvester EVO, etc.)

Interested in the Scythe Ti if it will reduce recoil more than my Harvester EVO. The weight savings is a plus, but not worth getting if minimal recoil reduction difference. Happy with sound suppression on the EVO.
I have one in jail but haven’t shot it.

I do think it will. But not because of its width. Its mini brake will help. I think this because it does on the omega 30 with its brake (have shot). It’s a little brake with min added weight but will help.

At twice the price of the evo though…..that is a personal choice.

Bumping this. Been wondering if the anchor brake from the omega would be a useful addition to this in situations where recoil reduction is at a premium like in comps. It seems like when burning a lot of powder the answer is yes and when burning 30-42 grains like lots of comp guns not so much. The posted recoil reduction numbers on the new tbacs seem to indicate that as well.

TheHammer

WKR
I have no experience with an evo. But I do have 2 omega 300s both with flush end caps. I shot a 7.8lb 300wsm with a scythe that made me instantly buy one. Recoil reduction wasn’t really a focus point. It was more the OAL and the weight, doing a great job with sound reduction. My scythe will also have flush end caps, much like my omegas making it lighter and shorter. I don’t think recoil reduction will be drastically different but the evo should buck a little more energy.

I have the OG harvester and the Scythe.

I have shot both on a 6.5 and .308 and can’t tell a difference recoil wise.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’m not sure I agree with the above statement completely.

A suppressor does tame recoil a bit IMO but agree that intended purpose should be noise reduction….that said they are still “loud” too.

A good can will do both but primarily sound. It won’t do anything near as good as your multiport brake on a big cartridge like that. You’ll miss your brake.

You can get the omega 300 brake and add it to the scythe. It still won’t be as good though. If I were to completely guess I’d be impressed if you approach half as effective as that brake. But it will “feel” better because the sound of a big rifle like that IMO contributes to the unpleasant shot experience. That’s reduced obviously.