Scope rings and rail for a 300 WIN MAG.

Jake C.

FNG
I just ordered my Christensen Ridgeline in 300 WIN MAG and I'm mounting a Vortex Viper HS LR 6-24x50 FFP on it. Im mainly building this rifle for hunting and will most likely get within 500 yards of any animal I plan to take with it. What rail and scope rings would you guys recomend for that set-up. Im gonna get the Nightforce rail but I'm not sure if I really need the 20MOA rail or not. I do plan to do some long range shooting with buddies at the range but probably wont be shooting animals over 500 yards just depends on how comforttable I feel after practicing with the rifle this summer.

The rifle, scope and caliber are all well capable of stretching past 500y.
The scope will have plenty of adjustment for a 100y or 200y zero with either the 0 MOA or 20 MOA rail. It is your choice and both will work.
If you use a 20 MOA rail you will have the opportunity in the future to have more internal adjustment ( "clicks" ) inside the scope to stretch the rifle out to longer yardages.
If I was in your shoes I would for sure buy the 20 MOA rail. It gives you more opportunity in the future with absolutely zero negatives.
( The only negative is maybe maybe possibly you could mount the scope a tiny bit lower if the scope is in between ring heights. As the MOA increases the Objective bell gets slightly closer to the barrel. )

2five7

WKR
If you want to go beyond 1000 yards, you'll want the 20 MOA rail. If not, I'd skip the rail altogether and use a set of Talley lightweight rings. If you end up using the rail, you could probably get away with low (.85") or medium (1.1") rings, depending on what type of scope cover you use.