Scope for .308

Tmo2295

FNG
Looking to buy a scope $600 range for my new tikka t3x. First nicer rifle I’ve bought so looking to complete it. Mainly hunt whitetails in fields

I have no experience with the Trijicon but can attest to wanting more than 9x. I'd look for something in 4-16x.
I also have the 2.5-15 credo, that one's actually mounted on my 308 Tikka. I feel like that's the perfect mag range for me, which is like 90% whitetail with a little western mixed in.

I’ve been contemplating this for my Fierce Fury in 7mm-08…..think it’s a good option for a non-dialing option on a lightweight hunting rifle.

I just put a Trijicon Huron 2.5-10 on a 7mm-08 for about $450. Seems like a perfect match for me. 10x is plenty of power for big game out to 450-500 yds where ft-lbs drop below 1000. In my opinion 9 to 12x is optimal for big game. The reduced field of view above 12x makes fast follow ups much more difficult.

I had a Meopta Optika 6, 3-18x50 with the illuminated #4 dot reticle on my tikka 308 for a while. Paid about $575 for it. It is heavier than I would have liked, but balanced out quite well on my Tikka. Was quite surprised that it did well in low light. Had the low end of 3x for my hard woods hunting as well as the higher end for more magnification. I have since dedicated that rifle for strictly hard woods low light and have swapped it out for a Schmidt Bender Polar. But the Optika 6 is now on my Tikka 7 mag. For the money, I feel it was worth it.

I’m a Leupold guy so I’d go Vx3hd in 4.5x14
MidwayUSA is giving 75$ gift cards
I’ve been contemplating this for my Fierce Fury in 7mm-08…..think it’s a good option for a non-dialing option on a lightweight hunting rifle.
I have an RS.2 I'm looking to sale if your interested
some Leupold Scopes

There is a SWFA 3-15x for sale on here for 550. That's the way I would go if you want that much mag and never want to worry about your scope.

Looking to buy a scope $600 range for my new tikka t3x. First nicer rifle I’ve bought so looking to complete it. Mainly hunt whitetails in fields
What type of hunting will you be doing and how far do you plan on shooting?

I’m in the process of getting a 308 myself, and am pretty sure my choice for that rifle and it’s niche will be the NF shv 3-10x with the moar reticle

My other option I’m considering is a trijicon credo hx, but I don’t really like the reticle on the one scope I’m interested in

Swfa is another good option, and likely the best in your price range if dialing is a possibility… the 3-9x if you can find one, or the 3-15 if you want more magnification

My purpose for a 308 is close-medium range, inside 500yds, so I prefer a actual scaled reticle, not a random bdc type, that’s what is attractive about the nightforce to me

I went through the same process, 4.5x was to much power at low end, field of view to narrow for guick shots in timber. So I opted for 2.5x for the low end as for max. mag 10- 12x is plenty unless you plan to shoot over 550yds.

Steiner GS3 2-10x42 - 4A #5009
The Steiner GS3 “game sensing” scope utilizes exclusive CAT (color adjusted transmission) lens coatings to amplify contrast in the peak human vision sensitivity range. The optimized contrast effectively separates game from leafy or shadow-dappled backgrounds, exposing your target to a clean, accurate shot. And the GS3 5x zoom range lets hunters from eastern whitetail country to western big game ranges pair their new scope with their favorite centerfire, rimfire or muzzleloader rifle. And or course, Steiner’s bedrock reliability will always deliver unfailing performance, whatever firearm or target you prefer.
5x Zoom Range
provides sharp resolution at long distances for more accurate shooting for wide open areas.
CAT™ Color Adjusted Transmission
amplifies contrast in the peak human vision sensitivity range, to spot game in any environment.
Steiner 4A Reticle
provides a simple, uncluttered aiming tool
Short Mounting Length
of just 5.4 inches for mounting on short actions, muzzleloaders or lightweight mountain rifles.
Rugged 30mm Tube
milled from solid aluminum stock so there are no welds or seams, for greater strength and durability.
Waterproof/Fogproof
durable construction you can trust to stand up to any cold or wet condition.

I also have the 2.5-15 credo, that one's actually mounted on my 308 Tikka. I feel like that's the perfect mag range for me, which is like 90% whitetail with a little western mixed in.
I'm looking to do the same. Mind me askin what rings/rail you used to mount your scope?

If you look around and can expand your budget just a bit you can find a leupold vx5 3-15 for around $725. There’s also been some good deals with vortex lately as well

I really like my vortex 2.5-10x44 on my lightweight 308. I almost switched all my rifles fitted with this scope. But a few of them are more accurate than I am so I only have 5 of them, currently.

Back