Scope for .270 deer/elk rifle

CoMulies

FNG
Hey all - new guy here. Long time bowhunter, and recently decided to buy a rifle after moving west. Went with a Weatherby Mark V Hunter in .270 for my do it all, but primarily mulies and elk.

Have been pouring over the internet / these forums to pick a scope, but have been a bit overwhelmed, and getting mixed reviews in a lot of places. Figured I’d see if you guys could point me in the right direction.

Rifles purpose will be hunting, and I anticipate shooting no further than 400-500 max. Given the mark v is 6.2 lbs, I’d like to keep it on the lighter side. Was thinking something about 3-12x, preferably with exposed elevation turret and reticle with windage holds (not a fan of just a duplex or dialing windage). Would like to keep cost under $1200. Any recs?

S.Clancy

WKR
I shoot a 2-10x42 SFP Burris Veracity. It does everything I need. I've shot it out over 600 easily.

Matt5266

WKR
Trijicon Credo 2.5-15x42
For your requirements. Plenty of scope with room to grow if you decide you want to start stretching it out a little farther for fun.

gr8fuldoug

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Welcome to RS. It's our pleasure, as a long standing supporting vendor here, to discuss the different available options and special opportunities with you. Please give a call, 516-217-1000, when you have the time. Thanks