Sciatica?

Lift and keep lifting. You need to strengthen your core/trunk. Deads/Squats every variant. Dry needling also helps a ton. Focus on proper form and building up in weight.

VuduDoc

FNG
Be careful to make sure the correct diagnosis is true sciatica. A lumbar radiculopathy and sciatica have a lot of crossover and are often misdiagnosed or confused for one another. True sciatica is a quick and easy fix. A lumbar radiculopathy is a slow and arduous process. Look up and read "Treat Your Own Back" by Dr. Robin McKenzie.

bascott1

WKR
Dealt with the same issue, sauna, cold plunges, collagen and cupping. And like many have said, tons of stretching.

Forrest84

FNG
I’ve been dealing with crippling pain off and on from a back injury in 2014. The things that have helped me manage it are lots of stretching, rolling out, core exercises and using my tins unit whenever I have a flare up. I go to the Chiro when I can but the first three are what it takes to manage it

vladkgb

FNG
I had really bad sciatica for a while, I did some YouTubing and found some stretches that made it worse! Basically anything that made me bend forward, exacerbated the pain. I finally met with a sports rehabilitation guy, and got a MRI, they found a bulging disc, and the exercises prescribed were bending my back the opposite way, with cobras and cat cows. The cobras would immediately alleviate pain and after a couple of months of doing several reps of cobras every morning and taking a lot of turmeric, it got much better and these days my back flares up only if I do something stupid.

The initial cause was doing heavy stiff legged deadlifts. I just do RDL now with a belt and low weight.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with most all above, strretching with lots of core exercises and if it persist painfully, get an MRI to see what's truly happening. I've had two sciatic nerve issues from L-5 ruptures in eight years ending in surgery which I was so thankful to have and get relief. I'm eight months out from last surgery and feeling better now than fifteen years ago but I am faithfully maintaining my core and body with diet and exercise. Good luck with your plan of treatment.

Sled

WKR
I agree with most all above, strretching with lots of core exercises and if it persist painfully, get an MRI to see what's truly happening. I've had two sciatic nerve issues from L-5 ruptures in eight years ending in surgery which I was so thankful to have and get relief. I'm eight months out from last surgery and feeling better now than fifteen years ago but I am faithfully maintaining my core and body with diet and exercise. Good luck with your plan of treatment.

I'll update my previous post with this:

After 24 years of no sciatic pain post op, I slipped on an ice patch at work this March and have been dealing with dibilitating sciatic pain including piriformis pain like no other. If I had fallen I don't think I would have ruptured those two discs. I made progress with epidurals, PT and meds (voltaren, muscle relaxers, Tylenol and gabapentin). Today I woke up fine and extended my legs only to shoot up to an 8 or 9 out of 10 pain. After taking my meds and 3 hours waiting I ended up at the ER. They were busy but I eventually got hit with everything but the kitchen sink. The Dilaudid, toradol and dexamethasone helped some and brought me down to a 6/10. The ketamine took me to a 5/10. 6 hrs later on discharge the game me six oxycodone to get me to a surgical consult on Tuesday. I was planning to tough it out but now I'm certainly headed for another surgery and will welcome it after this type of pain. My main concern is what happens after you've already had a laminectomy and they go back in. The problem area is the L5 but I'm unsure if the impingement is from the L4/L5 lamina or the L5/S1 which already has the laminectomy. I'll let you know how it goes.

COJoe

Lil-Rokslider
I'll update my previous post with this:

After 24 years of no sciatic pain post op, I slipped on an ice patch at work this March and have been dealing with dibilitating sciatic pain including piriformis pain like no other. If I had fallen I don't think I would have ruptured those two discs. I made progress with epidurals, PT and meds (voltaren, muscle relaxers, Tylenol and gabapentin). Today I woke up fine and extended my legs only to shoot up to an 8 or 9 out of 10 pain. After taking my meds and 3 hours waiting I ended up at the ER. They were busy but I eventually got hit with everything but the kitchen sink. The Dilaudid, toradol and dexamethasone helped some and brought me down to a 6/10. The ketamine took me to a 5/10. 6 hrs later on discharge the game me six oxycodone to get me to a surgical consult on Tuesday. I was planning to tough it out but now I'm certainly headed for another surgery and will welcome it after this type of pain. My main concern is what happens after you've already had a laminectomy and they go back in. The problem area is the L5 but I'm unsure if the impingement is from the L4/L5 lamina or the L5/S1 which already has the laminectomy. I'll let you know how it goes.
Sled, sorry you're going through this trying time. I was there where you are at last year in February in the ER also and tried getting through it for a month or so but when it was bringing me to tears just walking from my car to work, I sought the surgery route. I also took Gabepentin and Voltaren pill and they eased the pain quite well while I waited for surgery approval from my insurance company. It also allowed me to go hunting and sit on the mountain for five days. That was therapeutic in of itself. I was blessed to have an excellent surgeon for my surgery because he found scar tissue all around my nerves from my last surgery (which was probably the root cause of most of my pain) and cleaned me up really well. PM me if you want to talk.