Savage 111 7mm *Resources Wanted

5catts

FNG
I own a Savage 111 7mm Rem Mag in a LH action. I've had it for quite some time and I'm trying to find resources regarding the build, stock options, and any other useful interesting info.

I purchased it probably close to 20 years ago, and just rediscovered the joy of using it. I mounted a Leupold VX-3HD CDS and would like to take advantage of the custom turret by finding some rounds that produce the best results. I'm probably not looking in the right places, or I'm heading down a path that isn't interesting to anyone...FNG syndrome I guess.

Thanks for any/all help!

JFK

WKR
Really it comes down to action screw spacing and whether it has a bolt release at the top of the action or at the trigger guard. That info will let you figure out what stock options are available to you. Besides that they are pretty simple, easy to work on, and generally shoot pretty well. Savage shooters forum is a good resource. Lots of info there.

I’d opt out of having a custom turret cut for the scope. It only works in one environment, altitude, with one specific type of ammo. You change any of those things and it’s off.