Savage 110 Scout

SwiftShot

WKR
I have been looking at picking up a 300 Blackout to shoot subsonics on pigs with my suppressor. Well I started looking and reloading I can do 308 Win subsonic pretty easily. So I started looking at short snappy rifles in 308. The Savage Scout looks pretty good and for a general purpose all arounder seems good. Who has experience with it. I would do a Tikka and try and build my own but cutting the barrel and threading it, the price just keep going up. Suggestions encouraged, looking for 16 inch barrel 308 threaded trying to stay around 900.

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved
I know nothing about a 110, but I do know Bergara makes a B14 Ridge SPSB 18” 308, which would probably be my choice. Or Howa might make a barreled action with a threaded short 308 on brownells

OP
SwiftShot

SwiftShot

WKR
I know nothing about a 110, but I do know Bergara makes a B14 Ridge SPSB 18” 308, which would probably be my choice. Or Howa might make a barreled action with a threaded short 308 on brownells
I am looking at that Bergara. Trying to go short barrel because of the can being so long. The Bergara looks good and that barrel is going to shoot well. Thanks for the option.

bobinmi

WKR
if you wanted the 300blk and don't feel like breaking the bank there is always the ruger american. My dad owns 3 ruger americans and those darn things all shoot around an inch. They offer an 18in 308 thats threaded in the predator line or a 16in barrelled 300 black that takes stanag magazines in the ranch line. I've played a little with the savage scout and although I'm a fan of coopers brain child, savage's execution is clunky when compared to other options.