Sako 85

Zbowman1

WKR
So I was in one of our local gun shops today browsing the gun racks when the sales guy asked me if I needed to see anything. I have been contemplating a new rifle for elk (not that I need one, but you guys no how it go's:cool:) so I asked what they had in 30 cals. He showed me a couple of guns, nothing that peeked my interest. I said thanks and was about to walk out when he says I have one more you should look at. So the guy hands me a Sako 85 finnlite (spelling?) All I have to say is Wow. Loved the way the gun felt and I loved the action. Any reason I shouldn't buy this gun? I have never owned a Sako or even shot one. What do you guys think? Pros vs cons

Last year I purchased a Sako 85 Finnlight in 7 RM and the only con I can find is the cost. You can save some coin with the Tikka rifles as they are made by Sako in the same factory.

I've been wanting one of those Finn lights for quite a while, but have never actually seen one nor do I have the coin right now. They looks amazing though.

sako 85 hunter gives me wood. been lurking on a 6.5x55 just a want not a need, but you know how that hurts the sako to tika is like a ford to a lincoln. too much plastic on the tika for me....euro optic is big seller on gun broker for the sako's. at least a good place to browse . either web site.....

Thanks for the comments. Ya, I no what you are saying on the price. I had a bit of sticker shock even when I left the store. I haven't gone back in yet. The wife said I might do some thing stupid :rolleyes:

If for some reason I do end up buying this rifle I will write up a full report.

I haven't bought a new rifle in a couple of years so what would you guys recommend. I no this is like asking what flavor of ice cream you guys like so give me some Pro and cons for rifles that you actually own. I am looking for something in a 30 cal. Just because I don't have one

308 was my deer gun in wi. moved to ga and it is a bit much so went down to 25-08 souper and 243 . the 308 is my choice for any usa deer. if needed would jump to 338 fed. if ever elk or bear hunted would go with 300 wm . only reload so ammo is not an issue . if buying out of a store would probably go with 30-06 as most gas stations in the northland that sell ammo will have that......

I have the finnlight in a 270wsm, it's a great rifle, cycles and shoots well. That being said felt recoil seams stiffer than that of my browning a-bolt in a 300wsm which also shoots very well. Have you considered the Browning X-bolt stainless stalker. Not much of a weight difference but a huge price difference.

As noted by Mad Mountain Mike, don't overlook the browning x-bolt stainless stalker. I got one last year in 300 wsm and love it. I was debating between it and the Sako, but at almost half the price I felt like I was giving up very little, leaving me funds to mount a Z3 swaro 3-10 on it.

Back