Sako 85 Ejection Issues?

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
Just got a new Sako 85 in .270 and I’ve heard there are ejection issues with them that cause the rounds to hit the scope. Anyone know about this?

Any remedies or advice?

199p

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man, if you using optilocks and have something with a windage turret it can happen but not all the time.

I have a carbonlite .223 with a vx5 on it and it hits it and bounces back into the action maybe one in 25 rounds, preddy easy to give it a flick even prone and it flys on out of the action, seems to always land in backwards too

OP
H

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
Hey man, if you using optilocks and have something with a windage turret it can happen but not all the time.

I have a carbonlite .223 with a vx5 on it and it hits it and bounces back into the action maybe one in 25 rounds, preddy easy to give it a flick even prone and it flys on out of the action, seems to always land in backwards too
Do you know anything about the Leupold optilock mounts?

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
This issue is a bit overblown. This mainly happens when people shoot on a bench and very gingerly cycle the bolt. When field shooting and hunting and cycling the bolt harder at normal speed I’ve never seen it happen. I own/owned I think it’s 7 Sako 85s. Great rifles.

Kurts86

WKR
The issue is well known on the 85’s but tend to be worse with the longer actions and larger turret scopes.

The best solution is to buy a Sako 90 because they addressed the issue going from 1 to 2 plunger ejection.

OP
H

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
Cycle the bolt more aggressively. The only time it ever happened to me was when I ran the gun like the bench rest shooters and barely cycled the thing.
Thanks for the response. It happens to me every time I slowly cycle the bolt and I even if I I do it aggressively it still has a 50/50 chance of ejecting or not.

OP
H

Hunter270Win

Lil-Rokslider
It’s hitting the scope tube itself. It would not eject at all even with my Trijicon Huron 3-9x40 and I had to rotate it 90 degrees.