Safety Concerns of Back Country Hunting

Yep, listen to the guy, There is always no less than 50 new news reports of individuals going missing in that area every year. I mean geez, everyone knows about that area being another Devil's Triangle.

I was mainly worried about weed farmers or shiners but I didnt really think of tweakers. Thanks for yalls imput.
They are the worst and they are everywhere. Meth originated on the Oregon coast where I'm from. Never ran into any of them out hunting over there. I really wouldn't worry about it. Just focus on your mission and have fun!

*zap*

WKR
Get well armed and keep it on you 24/7 or at least in your bag.. Wasn't there some guy knifing people recently on the Appalachian trail?

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
Get well armed and keep it on you 24/7 or at least in your bag.. Wasn't there some guy knifing people recently on the Appalachian trail?
I think it was actually a machete............................. not that, that clarification helps the OP with his fear of hunting in "appalachia" lol

Wallace

Lil-Rokslider
I've never had a problem in the Pisgah.

The only thing I'd be remotely worried about is my truck being broken into while I was gone. Carry a firearm to be on the safe side (if you're bowhunting), and be aware of your surroundings. Nothing will likely happen.

Id be more concerned with self induced situations than any game in most of the lower 48. Chief among those - getting lost, getting caught in a bad storm, etc. The general rule of thumb is have at least 2 navigation aids (compass & map, GPS) and 3 ways to start fire, way to signal, etc. In this part of the country (high elevation Rockies), wearing cotton clothing and not understanding weather has gotten many people in trouble.