Saddle recommendations

Hey everyone, I’ve been running an XOP renegade system and API sticks the last two season and I’m throwing around the idea of going with a more comfortable and light setup. What are you all running? (Saddle, platform or hang on stand, etc)

Halky010

FNG
I’ve been more than happy with my cruzr xc. Lots of adjustment and way more comfortable than I expected.

maxk777

FNG
Hey everyone, I’ve been running an XOP renegade system and API sticks the last two season and I’m throwing around the idea of going with a more comfortable and light setup. What are you all running? (Saddle, platform or hang on stand, etc)
I’ve only ever used the tethrd system, but it is quick comfortable.

Macintosh

WKR
I wasnt familiar so looked it up-those sticks and (assuming you have xop edge) platform are tanks. Those would be my priority to replace first, almost any other platform and legit light sticks will cut that 14 pounds down to 8ish as well as pack better, and you could go even lighter. Biggest weight savings will be sticks, followed by a lighter platform. There are several brands and models of sticks that go 1-pound per stick including a daisy chain strap—that’ll shed 5 pounds. My standard tethrd platform is 3lb compared to 5.5 for the xop.
Saddles seem a little personal and might depend a bit on how you hunt (all-day vs tactical short sits) and your build. I have a method 2 that is the best combo of packability and wearability combined with comfort that I have found, but I never sit long and Im skinny. Others may have different feedback depending.

RocketRob16

Lil-Rokslider
I started with a Wood saddle, 2TC, and an OOAL Ridge Runner platform. The saddle is well made and the owner is a great guy, super helpful but it just wasn’t comfortable for me. Moved to a Buzzard Roost and it’s a way better fit for me. Tried the 2TC method and although it’s super lightweight, I use the saddle setup mostly early season when it’s very hot and humid and it just takes too much effort to get up a tree. I would be sweating buckets by the time I got to hunting height. Swapped to 4 XOP X2 sticks with cable aiders and the climb is much less rigorous now. I could cut some weight on the platform but I haven’t seen the need to. Pretty happy with it the way it is.