S&B 3-12x42 Klassik for hunting

Macintosh

WKR
@Beetroot The glass on these is very good, although that was my last consideration when getting mine—I wanted a ffp scope with mil reticle holds that would hold zero and had a reticle that was still easily useable at 3x. I cant comment on how it compares to schmidts other scopes.
The glass is Very sharp edge to edge. Not quite as contrasty as a vx5, but every bit as sharp and gathers every bit as much light. The only downside to glass I have heard is a few people have mentioned glare on them looking into shadows with the sun in your face—I have never had this issue with mine, but Ive seen folks mention it here so its probably a thing under specific conditions. I did a side by side comparison with my wifes vx scope a year or two ago at last light and the schmidt won by a minute or so. I posted those pics here, I’ll see if I can link to that theead. Edit: here you go, post # 23 plus a few below that:
Post in thread 'FFP Reticle image thread'
https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/ffp-reticle-image-thread.299649/post-3135823

Regarding parallax—I initially got this scope with capped turrets, intending to only use the reticle for holdovers. That works well for me to about 350 yards, but on deer vital--sized targets beyond this range I found I wanted to be a little more precise than I was able with just holds every full 1 mil. So I sent it to s&b and had the bdc turret installed, and had the parallax set to 250 yards. The scope is just as crisp at all ranges, the only down side is that when you are BOTH at very short range (50 yards +\-) AND at 12x, the edges of the image are distorted a bit. I live at 3x and only zoom as needed, so this is a non-issue for me. Below max zoom at very close range the image is still crisp.

Last edited: