Running Shoes

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I picked up a pair of altra escalentes recently and they are Really close to being more comfortable then my Torin 4s, I tried torin5 but the toung cut up my ankle, also picked up the new altra trail shoe the mount blanc, 2 runs in and I really like them a bit finicky on lacing but think they are going to be good

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Altra also came out with (or is soon) a hybrid road/trail shoe that looks interesting I forget the name

Durran87

Lil-Rokslider
I only wear ASICS Kayano, and I supplement with Superfeet green once they’re halfway through life. These have solved my knee problems. Also, replace shoes every 350-400 miles.

Tradchef

WKR
I use Brooks or La Sportiva. This past season I used the bushido 2’s and they were super solid. The Ultra Raptors were sone of my favorite trail runners.

Yoder

WKR
I really like the shape of the Altra shoes. They are shaped like your foot. I've been through a few pairs of the Olympus and my last pair were the TIMP2's. Hoka and ON are also good shoes. I had issues with the HOKA's wearing out pretty fast.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
Trying a pair of Topo magniflys now and starting to like them, they take after altra with the foot shape and some come in zero drop

Zaubr306

FNG
I’ve gone with the TOPO Terraventure 3’s. Built better then altras, wide comfy toe box, minimal drop which I like. I use mine to train and hunt in.

Highhuntin

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve gone with the TOPO Terraventure 3’s. Built better then altras, wide comfy toe box, minimal drop which I like. I use mine to train and hunt in.

I may have to give one of the Topo trail shoes a try, so far I’m still happy with altras trail shoes but with the direction they have been going it may just be a matter of time.

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been using Brooks for quite a long time and I never had any complaints with it. But I do wanna try Topo trail shoes. I’m hearing a lot about it these days.

JStol5

WKR
I buy shoes at REI and worse case scenario if they don’t work out, I can return them. I got some Salomon Ultra Glides on sale for $90, they’re last year’s model. I was skeptical on their lacing system but holy cow…. They’re so nice on the feet. They feel amazing. They have a light tread, I’m using them for trails and roads.

I’m also interested in Topo’s. May give those a shot next.

I can’t believe how dang expensive running shoes are these days…

Last edited:

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
Been running in OnClouds. They fit me great and I loved them at first, until I started running long-distance and found that they aren't holding up. Going to get fitted for some new shoes within the next couple weeks, and I would suggest you do the same. Somebody else's foot may fit into Brooks, Sauconys, etc perfect, but they may give you blisters.

JD Jones

WKR
I am on a pretty solid streak with the Brooks ghost. I tried to go hoka but like most who have been down that road will say, they wear too fast. I can easily get 400 miles on my ghosts so I’ve just kept buying. I’ll wait till academy does a big sale or amazon and buy them for 70-90$ I usually don’t spring for the newest release right away unless I just need a new pair then and there and my size is not available in the previous model.

I recently got a pair of Nike React Infinity 3. Super comfortable running in them so far.

barn_owl

FNG
I've also shopped at REI, and used their return policy for shoes. Never had any issues with that.
I've been running in Nike Wildhorses for a couple years now.
Had to replace the insoles recently, but they still got their cushion and traction.

MT-Native

FNG
Been Running Altria’s for about 7 years. Timp and Lonepeak for longer distances all day and rough country as more protected. Then superiors for fast shorter distances where less protection is needed. Before Altras it was Brooks Cascadias. I switched to my Altra’s last bow season and wish I did it years ago.