Runaway Llamas - Unit 17

I know this is a long shot, but if any hunters are heading up unit 17 (Colorado - Willow Creek/Grassy Run area) please let me if you see any sightings of two llamas (dark brown, and 'paint'-brown and white). They were spooked a week and a half ago during archery, ran away, and still MIA. There have been a few sightings of them but nothing in the last 5-6 days that I know. I will be heading up Oct 15th to post signs with contact info throughout the area. Any help is appreciated!

Ucsdryder

WKR
Can you hire a pilot to fly you around? I found a couple horses one season. I gave coordinates to CPW.

how much do you have to pay the person you rented them from, if you can't find them?
or what is the replacement cost of a llama?

I remember one time in the southern Bitteroot in Montana a guy posted signs. The said “Lost: 23 pack goats”

He drew a moose tag and had them loaded with meat when wolves scattered them. I don’t think he ever found any of them. I guess a goat with a bunch of moose meat strapped to it made a heck of a delicacy for a hungry wolf or 10.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I remember one time in the southern Bitteroot in Montana a guy posted signs. The said “Lost: 23 pack goats”

He drew a moose tag and had them loaded with meat when wolves scattered them. I don’t think he ever found any of them. I guess a goat with a bunch of moose meat strapped to it made a heck of a delicacy for a hungry wolf or 10.
Hahaha I’m just picturing a wolf realizing what he just killed. A yummy llama with 40 pounds of moose meat. Talk about winning the lottery!

OP
M
Man, hope you find them. Escaped llamas are high on my nightmare list.
My family and I have been super stressed the last couple weeks. There were 3 different groups of people reporting sightings on Thursday. Owner went up Friday and spent the day looking for them without seeing any of them. They seem healthy and content with plenty of food and water, which is going to make them extra hard to catch at this point.

My family and I have been super stressed the last couple weeks. There were 3 different groups of people reporting sightings on Thursday. Owner went up Friday and spent the day looking for them without seeing any of them. They seem healthy and content with plenty of food and water, which is going to make them extra hard to catch at this point.
Consider taking up a female with you when you search. That helped my buddy catch his lost llama. Might not be as helpful on geldings, but I bet they still like being around females.

Reactions: MJB

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Thanks dude. You seem like a really cool guy.
Thenks!!! I am pretty cool. To be fair it dosent seem like you really care much about these llamas, I mean you posted this on October 6 and are waiting until the 15th to even go post signs. I mean c’mon man, lol do you think these things are going to be alive in 2 weeks?

Last edited: