Runaway Llamas

This is a long shot, but I was backpack hunting in the Willow Creek area of unit 17 in Colorado last weekend. The llamas I was leasing got spooked one night, one pulled his stake out of the ground and ran off, and the other one followed. After searching hard around our area, we headed back to our vehicles. To our surprise several hunters parked nearby said they saw the llamas back by the trailer the next morning and again wandering the meadow nearby later in the afternoon (on Sunday 9/25). I took an extra day off work and searched the area on Monday, but had to call the search to get back to my family and work. I will be up again next weekend, but thought I would leave a post at the off chance that somebody is heading up to that area and sees them. I notified forest service, sheriff, and game warden in the area. Please send good vibes that I will find them. Thanks!

I hope they are found.

Years ago, while in Kern Canyon, (30+ miles in) in the Sierra Nevada Someone removed the hobbles from one horse (the only one hobbled) and let our horses and mule through all the gates to the half way point, a good 15 miles. We discovered them missing in the evening and confirmed our animals tracks going through the closed and secured gate. We went back to camp so I could quickly down some food and I set off alone at dusk to find the animals. I jogged the entire distance only slowing to a walk once in a while briefly. I saw 5 different bears that night, and 15 miles later I found our animals at a closed and secure gate. There were 2 groups camped nearby. I was dead tired, but got the animals back to camp before first light. My guess is that had I not found those animals they would have been long gone in the morning as the last 15 miles was a pretty easy quick ride out.

OP
M
How far in on Willow Creek? I may be in there this weekend.
They were last seen by Grassy Run, all the way down CR 715. It was a week and a half ago so they are likely in the same area, but there's a chance they could be anywhere to be honest