RUMPL down puffy blankets?

farmer14

Lil-Rokslider
anyone ever tried or seen these? I’m looking for an alternative to my bag. Plan on sleeping in temps around 30 degrees. Between this and a liner it might work? Maybe? Lol.

used them in my truck camper, quality blanket, might not be the best use for hunting though. Although I have never tried one in a tent, I always rocked either a cot and used a quilt or went with a light weight sleeping bag.

We use them a lot camping. In the truck camper and around the campsite, but for hunting I would stick to a bag. They are not that substantial and we use them more for extra comfort.

I will be trying out the big agnes mckinnis/getout gear puffy blanket combo this season. If weather looks for sub 30* temps, I'll resort back to standard setup. But the flexibility and compact nature of this setup should work great for 30-50* in early season. I'm also going to be in a small nest or bug bivy too, which will aid in keeping it all tucked and tight. I would think as a blanket, spread out, it wouldn't offer much warmth because of airflow.

I think I can sleep in just the mckinnis down to 50, add the blanket down to upper 30's, and wear base layers to get to near freezing. I'll have my puffy If things get real dicey. And I'm not going so deep for so long that I can't just roll out and go back to truck if I'm not comfortable.

Back