WTS/WTT Ruger Scout and accessories PRICED TO MOVE

Status
Not open for further replies.

lerman

FNG
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
~SOLD~ PRICE DROP Up for grabs is this right hand drive ruger scout 308 16" with the laminate stock. Asking $680 $580 if local pickup in the Colorado front range or $780 $680 shipped to your FFL. If local we are doing an FFL transfer in-person, no ifs ands or buts and buyer pays for transfer.

Included accessories:
  • 2x magpul AICS 10 rounders
  • 1x ruger OEM mag (I think a 5er? 10er?)
  • 1x magpul AICS 5 rounder
  • OEM Ruger 1" rings in matte black, 3 and 4 height. These rings fit any gen 2 m77 action and allow you to mount an optic in traditional position on the scout, I had a 32mm objective optic in this and the height was perfect. Clearance is probably acceptable up to a 36 or 38mm optic. Lapped by yours truly.
THE GOOD:
  • Great looking bore and bolt face, strong rifling
  • Locks up tighter than your prom date
  • Stock has very little wear and signs of use for the age (definitely some, this is a used rifle make no mistake)
  • All stock spacers included
  • Cycles perfectly and nicest trigger out of anything I own
THE BAD:
  • Some wear on flash hider
  • Some dings in stock but nothing too major. Laminate look hides most of it
  • Barrel has some salt in the finish from where the scout rail mounts, but with the rail mounted you cannot see it
  • May come disassembled for shipping, scout rail and rear sight are currently not mounted. I believe I have the screws for the scout rail somewhere and will look for them before shipping, but if not included pricing is unaffected. Go spend $0.85 at an ACE hardware.
THE UGLY:
I cannot get this thing to print. I mounted my optic in the OEM rings torqued to spec and couldn't get a group out of it. I took it home and did some research. I learned that the action bedding bolts are often torqued incorrectly, checked this rifle and they were wayyyyy loose. I torqued them to spec but then never took the thing back out to shoot again, so who knows if its fixed. I've put maybe 40 rounds on it and am the second owner. The bore looks fine and the action feels fine so I doubt there's anything wrong with the barrel or chamber and nothing obviously wrong with the crown from my observation. In all likelihood I may have done something wrong while mounting the optic. YOU ARE BUYING THIS RIFLE KNOWING THIS.

THE TRADES:

• Stoeger M3000/M3500 in the tactical flavor (18.5 Barrel and 7+1 tube) bonus points if it has a spare long barrel
  • MP5 accesories and magazines
  • Tikka t3x lite/superlite in 7 rem mag with cash on top from me
  • Seek outside stuff if in good condition (need a better tent and pack)
  • 10mm handguns especially the sr1911
  • Anything else cool just comment or PM worst I can say is no thank you
THE PICS:
IMG-1637.jpg
IMG-1642.jpgIMG-1643.jpg
IMG-1647.jpgIMG-1646.jpg
IMG-1640.jpgIMG-1641.jpg

Attachments

• IMG-1645.jpg
    IMG-1645.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
OP
L

lerman

FNG
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What's the best you got it to shoot ?
Like an 18" shotgun at 50 yards. But the rounds were not keyholing, so for it to be that inaccurate at that distance, and not be tumbling bullets, while the barrel and bolt were not loose tells me it was the optic moving around.... actually now thinking about it I shot a few times with irons when I first got it and it worked fine... definitely was just my optic mounting

Status
Not open for further replies.