Ruger M77 Hawkeye SS or Winchester Model 70 Extreme Weather SS MB

Looking to get a 300 win mag in one of these 2 platforms. I don’t want a tikka, so please save the rokslide tikka love (no kimbers also. Bad luck with one prior). I already have a few of those. Wanting something a little different. Crf, 3 position safety, and hinged floor plate.

Which of these 2 should I choose and why?

Me and a buddy are planning an Alaska hunt in the near future and wanted something basic, no frills, durable, and reliable. Dont really care about all the fancy lip stick (flutings, cerakote, carbon fiber, etc). Just stainless and synthetic is a must. Thank you! Price difference in the 2 are about 300 ish. 1100 for the Ruger and 1400 for the Winchester. I see the Winchester does come with a more high quality synthetic stock. Looking forward to reading what everyone thinks.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
The Winchester extreme weather rifles are nice, I've had great luck with mine, it's been accurate and very reliable. It is heavy though but so is a ruger so weight is probably mostly a wash between the 2. Are you looking at the ruger alaskan 300wm? if so it has a much shorter barrel than the m70 if that helps move your decision either way.

OP
K
The Winchester extreme weather rifles are nice, I've had great luck with mine, it's been accurate and very reliable. It is heavy though but so is a ruger so weight is probably mostly a wash between the 2. Are you looking at the ruger alaskan 300wm? if so it has a much shorter barrel than the m70 if that helps move your decision either way.
Just the standard Hawkeye ss. It has a 24” barrel.

OP
K
I would just use a 30-06 before I’d use a 300 win mag with a 20” barrel.

Burnt Reynolds

Lil-Rokslider
Winchester. Nicer action, easier to swap trigger, more scope ring options.

I have a 77 '06 and winny featherweight 270 - despite chambering differences the winny is a nicer gun off the rack.

I've owned both and prefer the winchester. The action was noticeably smoother than my M77 ruger, and the factory stock was nicer.

The winchester is a little heavier, and more expensive though. Both have super heavy trigger pulls from the factory, but the winchester trigger is easier to adjust. I think I got it down to 3# but haven't checked in awhile.