Rucking/Military boot

I am military and can wear any civilian boot within reason. I've worn the Salomon Quest 4d 3s for years and can't find anymore on the market. The Forces versions don't fit the same as the hikers either. I am in the market for a new pair. I will be attending a course that is primarily rucking with heavy weight (70lbs+) for multiple 20 mile rucks on pavement as well as some land navigation. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement with a wide forefoot and good heel pocket for this type of endeavor?

Welcome. Not sure what you can get away with but take a look at Crispi. They work for my wide feet.

Assuming you don’t need insulation;: Thor Colorado or Idaho

mtnbound

Lil-Rokslider
I am military and can wear any civilian boot within reason. I've worn the Salomon Quest 4d 3s for years and can't find anymore on the market. The Forces versions don't fit the same as the hikers either. I am in the market for a new pair. I will be attending a course that is primarily rucking with heavy weight (70lbs+) for multiple 20 mile rucks on pavement as well as some land navigation. Does anyone have any suggestions for replacement with a wide forefoot and good heel pocket for this type of endeavor?

Crispi Thor is a light weight stiff trainer that might work for you. I prefer the Colorado’s but they are heavier and also stiff. Not sure if you like stiff boots but they fit my wide feet great.

OP
B
I am not a fan of super stiff boots, prefer around 2-2.5. So I am looking at Lapponia 3s and Altitude. Any other suggestions?

2531usmc

WKR
Going to Ranger School?

Dave0317

WKR
Belleville Ultra Light Assault boot (C320) for PT and road ruck runs.

Garmont T8 Bifida for carrying a heavy ruck in mountainous terrain.

1000 years ago I did SFAS and the q-course a camp maccall in modded up jungle boots with Vibram soles. I had a few sets of lug soles I used for mud and sand and a crepe (smooth) sole set I used for pavement. We had to make minimum ruck weight anyway, so among other things I carried was 3 pair of boots and lots of socks and mole skin. Later, I tired a set of pretty flexible boots (hi tec) on a 12 mile march. They were awful. My feet were sore as hell. By the end, I could feel every rock through those soles. YMMV but if I were doing that kind of shit these days, I might stick with a stiffer boot.

OP
B
No, this is not a course which requires AR670-1 boots. Also not an Army course so no need to abide by approved boots as stated above.