RokStok

kickemall

WKR
Yeah, same question here.

I'm very happy with my current stable of 3 NXS 2.5-10s, but always curious to hear about peoples experiences with other brands.
I’m with you. I keep looking through my NXS 3-10 and comparing it to my RS1.2 and not sure I want to run all RS1.2s.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Was told I’d have to send stock back to get spacers added. You find a way around this? @mxgsfmdpx

Sorry was in a meeting when I replied earlier...

All you need is longer screws with the same thread pitch as the factory (non-spaced) butt stock plastic/pad, and then a SLIGHT modification.

On standard Rokstoks with no spacers they use the normal Stockys Phillips size 10 screws with coarse threads, these self tap into the foam/carbon which is why I mentioned before DO NOT overtighten, they strip easily.

On spacers added Rokstoks, they use a finer thread M4 Allen head bolt, with different lengths depending on how many spacers are installed.

So if you want to add spacers onto a "non-spacer" version of the Rokstok, you cannot use the M4 Allen bolts from Stockys and UM as they won't thread into the butt stock.

Instead of sending it back, just pull out one of your phillips screws and take it to the hardware store, and buy two that are long enough to get through your new spacers. There is no need to worry about diameter change as the Phillips Size 10 fits fine through the spacers access notches.

The slight modification...

The only "issue" is that on the "spacer installed" Rokstoks that first 1/4" spacer acts a "line-up tool" as there are small "nipples" on the spacers that you will either need to file down, or notch into either the factory butt pad or the stock end. Each spacer has these nipples to help keep the stack aligned and held together while screwing in. They are TINY, and I filed mine off, set the first one flat/lined it up on the butt stock and screwed the thing all together. No issues.

Difference in screw types.

IMG_8933.jpg

Phillips screws work in the spacers, just need to be longer.

IMG_8932.jpg

Standard Rokstok base with no spacers.

IMG_8934.jpg

Factory Spacers installed version, also showing line-up "nipples" for the spacer stack.

IMG_8935.jpg

IMG_8936.jpg

1/2" worth of spacers installed onto a regular "non-spacer" rokstok as per this method. This photo was just mocked up, when I installed it I dabbed a bit of epoxy on the first spacer to hold in place for lining up properly, and to help hold it together should a screw strip out.

IMG_8937.jpg

1/2" worth of spacers installed from UM/Stockys as you'll receive if ordered.

IMG_8938.jpg

Last edited:

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Sorry was in a meeting when I replied earlier...

All you need is longer screws with the same thread pitch as the factory (non-spaced) butt stock plastic/pad, and then a SLIGHT modification.

On standard Rokstoks with no spacers they use the normal Stockys Phillips size 10 screws with coarse threads, these self tap into the foam/carbon which is why I mentioned before DO NOT overtighten, they strip easily.

On spacers added Rokstoks, they use a finer thread M4 Allen head bolt, with different lengths depending on how many spacers are installed.

So if you want to add spacers onto a "non-spacer" version of the Rokstok, you cannot use the M4 Allen bolts from Stockys and UM as they won't thread into the butt stock.

Instead of sending it back, just pull out one of your phillips screws and take it to the hardware store, and buy two that are long enough to get through your new spacers. There is no need to worry about diameter change as the Phillips Size 10 fits fine through the spacers access notches.

The slight modification...

The only "issue" is that on the "spacer installed" Rokstoks that first 1/4" spacer acts a "line-up tool" as there are small "nipples" on the spacers that you will either need to file down, or notch into either the factory butt pad or the stock end. Each spacer has these nipples to help keep the stack aligned and held together while screwing in. They are TINY, and I filed mine off, set the first one flat/lined it up on the butt stock and screwed the thing all together. No issues.

Difference in screw types.

View attachment 765673

Phillips screws work in the spacers, just need to be longer.

View attachment 765674

Standard Rokstok base with no spacers.

View attachment 765682

Factory Spacers installed version, also showing line-up "nipples" for the spacer stack.

View attachment 765683

View attachment 765684

1/2" worth of spacers installed onto a regular "non-spacer" rokstok as per this method. This photo was just mocked up, when I installed it I dabbed a bit of epoxy on the first spacer to hold in place for lining up properly, and to help hold it together should a screw strip out.

View attachment 765695

1/2" worth of spacers installed from UM/Stockys as you'll receive if ordered.

View attachment 765694
@mxgsfmdpx, much appreciated I think even I can pull that off. @Unknown Munitions, if you are considering adding another mold or two, maybe consider 14.5" LOP, I'm pretty average in all regards and am finding I would prefer longer....Not that I care terribly, but the spacers are ugly af.

atmat

WKR
@mxgsfmdpx, much appreciated I think even I can pull that off. @Unknown Munitions, if you are considering adding another mold or two, maybe consider 14.5" LOP, I'm pretty average in all regards and am finding I would prefer longer....Not that I care terribly, but the spacers are ugly af.
I could probably benefit from longer LOP, too.

Which I don’t totally get. I’ve always felt like 13.5 was a good spot for me.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I could probably benefit from longer LOP, too.

Which I don’t totally get. I’ve always felt like 13.5 was a good spot for me.

It’s not longer LOP that is the problem- it’s geometry of the stock and trigger reach. The Master Sporter that I shoot the most has a 14.75” LOP, yet tiny little girls to 6’6” dudes shoot it and love it.

atmat

WKR
It’s not longer LOP that is the problem- it’s geometry of the stock and trigger reach. The Master Sporter that I shoot the most has a 14.75” LOP, yet tiny little girls to 6’6” dudes shoot it and love it.
That makes sense. I was just caught off guard by wanting more length than usual.

geterdone

FNG
My 12/22 order was sitting on my doorstep yesterday afternoon. Based on how things were going on deliveries, I did not expect it to show up already. I threw an action in it to test the feel, first impression is good but need to get it to the range. I had a single color t3x with pic rail.

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
I hope you early order guys that haven’t received your stocks yet see them soon. Because I’m anxious for orders to open up again
If I had to guess, that's going to be a looong time. There's day 1 orders still unfulfilled, there's a massive amount of week 1 orders still unfilled. Just think about the February, March, May etc orders.

If I had to guess, that's going to be a looong time. There's day 1 orders still unfulfilled, there's a massive amount of week 1 orders still unfilled. Just think about the February, March, May etc orders.
I know you’re likely right… unfortunately.

Long live the KRG Bravo and Echo until that day comes

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
I guess it depends on the buyer. The Echo looks nice but is a pound heavier and doesn’t offer the feature set that the rokstok was designed for. Seems like an entirely different category all together
Agreed, but I think the real difference will be the sub 1 year wait time