RokStok

Yeah but the eye relief on the RS1.2 is huge. My scopes maxed forward and i still feel it should be further forward
When it feels like it should be further forward is that a good thing or does it feel like you are in the wrong position of what the "ideal" position is? I'm thinking about ordering and am curious about that.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
When it feels like it should be further forward is that a good thing or does it feel like you are in the wrong position of what the "ideal" position is? I'm thinking about ordering and am curious about that.
I don't have a Rokstok so not completely apples for apples but myself and everyone that looks through my 223 tikka at the comp I was at this weekend thought it could be a bit further forward on the standard stock maxed forward in T084s.

I'm going to try increase LOP to play around but I'd need an inch added to make it ideal. Hoping to try a rokstok at some stage when they decide they have it under control enough to ship to NZ.

Still can make the setup work well enough took it past 1000 in the weekend 1st round hits at 880 and 990 in 15mph winds and a second round at 1090 that dropped low on round one probably due to an SD of 21fps. Pretty impressive what a 223 only shooting a genuine 2moa load but with solid velocity data and a 25 round zero can do.

I don't have a Rokstok so not completely apples for apples but myself and everyone that looks through my 223 tikka at the comp I was at this weekend thought it could be a bit further forward on the standard stock maxed forward in T084s.

I'm going to try increase LOP to play around but I'd need an inch added to make it ideal. Hoping to try a rokstok at some stage when they decide they have it under control enough to ship to NZ.

Still can make the setup work well enough took it past 1000 in the weekend 1st round hits at 880 and 990 in 15mph winds and a second round at 1090 that dropped low on round one probably due to an SD of 21fps. Pretty impressive what a 223 only shooting a genuine 2moa load but with solid velocity data and a 25 round zero can do.
That is great info, thank you for the detailed response!

NickT406

FNG
Classified Approved
My RokStok is inbound and due to be delivered tomorrow. Fingers crossed all that I ordered is included, and that it is as awesome as I have imagined.
It is as awesome as you imagined. I had to do a little trimming in front of the recoil lug to get my action to seat on the recoil lug but I've put a couple hundred rounds on it so far. In everyway it's better than any other stock I have used.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
And I am telling you that you are wrong. Your preference and belief that a parallel toe line is advantageous to field use is a fallacy.

I am not just using my experience in the field. the evidence of every other widely successful modern field stock ever created, and the word/preference of more accomplished shooters, gunsmiths, and hunters is my logic.

I dont know you and I'm not trying to hurt your feelings by pointing out the faulty design characteristics in a field stock. The current design is more akin to a benchrest stock.

I understand that most folks on this forum blindly follow your words but you are wrong on this one. I wonder how many of the people that have placed orders have actually tried to use a parallel toe in the field.

Not trying to smack talk or stir anything up, however I was asked about this.

Being that you didn’t meet to shoot, and now there are a couple hundred RokStoks out there- is are people finding out that a parallel toe is a disadvantage and somehow hard to use on field stock?

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider

Being that you didn’t meet to shoot, and now there are a couple hundred RokStoks out there- is are people finding out that a parallel toe is a disadvantage and somehow hard to use on field stock?
Genuinely curious, are there that many out there?

Interesting thought. I don't recall it really coming up once people received them. It was never a concern of mine and it works well in use as expected thus far.

It’s fine, I noticed I was cheating some previously but it has made the actual shot more solid I think and I no longer think about the technique change. I may switch my PRS gun to a flat rider now too, even though it’s so heavy I doubt it’s wanting to climb as much from recoil anyway.

Everything I was told wouldn’t work on this stock is a total non issue, most notably how it would suck off hand. There has been exactly 0 technique change with offhand shooting, didn’t even move my scope.

atmat

WKR
It’s fine, I noticed I was cheating some previously but it has made the actual shot more solid I think and I no longer think about the technique change. I may switch my PRS gun to a flat rider now too, even though it’s so heavy I doubt it’s wanting to climb as much from recoil anyway.

Everything I was told wouldn’t work on this stock is a total non issue, most notably how it would suck off hand. There has been exactly 0 technique change with offhand shooting, didn’t even move my scope.
The offhand thing is so funny. I was a bit worried about it, and it’s absolutely zero change for me.

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
No, not for me. It took a slight mental adjustment in how I think about the support hand though.

One large advantage is not having the back of my hand get smacked by the lower part of the firing hand grip under recoil due to sliding forward; because there is nothing to hit it and because I no longer find myself moving the support hand forward to adjust height, which has lead to more consistent positioning.

Man those scopes are way far back. I’m the exact opposite and mount them as far forward as I can get them. No right or wrong just based on body type I presume?

Good luck with the stocks and may I ask if you needed to specify a special inlet for the t1x or do you expect to do any clearance work yourself? TY

Edit: meant to reply to @atmat
I feel the same. Viva la difference, but I tend to mount scopes as far foward as practical. To me it's easier to quickly scoot ahead a little vs crane backwards. Another factor to forward mounting is decreasing parallax via head/eye positioning being centered behind the scope; with a forward mounted scope it's easy to back off a bit and check the black halo margin to make sure everything is aligned.

BjornF16

WKR
One large advantage is not having the back of my hand get smacked by the lower part of the firing hand grip under recoil due to sliding forward; because there is nothing to hit it and because I no longer find myself moving the support hand forward to adjust height, which has lead to more consistent positioning.
This^^^

First thing I noticed when shooting 300 WSM in my RokStok; that and staying on target better.