RokStok

Grizzle

FNG
Ordered it direct shipped to Canada? Thought you needed permit to get things like that over the border.
Not for stocks apparently, itar items yes but they can ship stocks direct. Really strange what is /isnt allowed to ship direct. Been waiting 5 weeks to import my rs1.2 just notified this morning the permit is approved and should ship. Here's hopeing the stock isn't too far behind.

Not for stocks apparently, itar items yes but they can ship stocks direct. Really strange what is /isnt allowed to ship direct. Been waiting 5 weeks to import my rs1.2 just notified this morning the permit is approved and should ship. Here's hopeing the stock isn't too far behind.
Awesome. Thanks for getting back to me on that. Good to hear nothing is needed to import the stock.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Haven't seen the video so not sure if this is what they're talking about, but the cerakote thing may be just a 🤏 issue I noticed on mine. Recoil pin fixed it (should have done it in the first place), but just saying.
View attachment 753885
This will happen with a non-cerakoted action as well, especially if not properly loctite or paint penned in and torqued high enough. Recoil pins are the best bet for helping, but I can't see how the Cerakote would have been the root cause. I think adding Cerakote to the gun in general isn't ideal, if the mount slipped rear-ward with proper torque and bonding medium that's a bad deal.

I'm gonna pull the recoil pins out of one of my 3 cerakoted Tikkas and see what happens.

Harvey_NW

WKR
This will happen with a non-cerakoted action as well, especially if not properly loctite or paint penned in and torqued high enough. Recoil pins are the best bet for helping, but I can't see how the Cerakote would have been the root cause. I think adding Cerakote to the gun in general isn't ideal, if the mount slipped rear-ward with proper torque and bonding medium that's a bad deal.
I don't think it was a root cause, but possible contributor and not ideal like you said. Admittedly I hadn't loctited them yet because I just got the rifle back from the smith and wanted to proof a load before I anchored everything. The bases actually slid forward from recoil (which still blew my mind as it's on a suppressed 6.5 PRC), that picture is when I noticed it while chamber checking some brass. It hasn't moved since with a recoil pin and retorque.

ChrisAU

WKR

Hope you didn’t use more than half a box of core lokts on the ole lead sled, it’s almost hunting season! If you got 2 out of 5 on the pie plate at a hunnert just hold on hair out to three fiddy! While we’re talkin, you got papers for the silencer thing on ya?

Seriously though, that’s sweet looking.

My good friend got her first 2 caribou with her first ever rifle a UM custom tikka in a Rokstok. 7mm-08 with 18” barrel. Both around 160 yards, one heart shot and one double lung. She was thrilled with the rifle and the 7mm-08’s performance.

Attachments

• IMG_8655.jpeg
    IMG_8655.jpeg
    491.3 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_8654.jpeg
    IMG_8654.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 211

MT_Fin

WKR
My good friend got her first 2 caribou with her first ever rifle a UM custom tikka in a Rokstok. 7mm-08 with 18” barrel. Both around 160 yards, one heart shot and one double lung. She was thrilled with the rifle and the 7mm-08’s performance.
First rifle, first caribou, rokstok, UM, Alaska….. Lots of awesome in this post. Tell her congrats and good job.

Grizzle

FNG
Beautiful bou's. What bullet she use in the 7 08?

Beautiful bou's. What bullet she use in the 7 08?
Barnes vor-tx factory ammo. 120gr ttsx. She wasn’t able to shoot much as she got the rifle 2 weeks before the hunt and she had a self imposed 200 yard max distance (she shot a few 1.5” groups at 200 before leaving for this trip) and I’ve had great success with that load on moose and caribou so that’s what I suggested.