RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I find it ironic that MT called out Tikka for some debatable QC items yet has had a raft of their own issues. Milling a lug to tolerance has to be low on the difficulty scale of gun parts.

Thanks Jake for your transparency and taking care of us needy Roksliders. We all need our fix!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are too busy making YouTube videos about Tikka Cerakoting that causes zero actual field issues, yet claim it's a "big issue".

Jimbee

WKR
My MT recoil lug is .010 taller than a Tikka factory lug. I don't know if it was causing any issues or not, but I swapped it out.

Jimbee

WKR
You'll have trouble seating properly, or may not get it to seat properly at all.
I had 2 different barreled actions in it, my 6GT didn't shoot horribly, but not as good as normal. 6/7prc didn't shoot very well either, hoping the recoil lug was a factor. We shall see.

Harvey_NW

WKR
They are too busy making YouTube videos about Tikka Cerakoting that causes zero actual field issues, yet claim it's a "big issue".
Haven't seen the video so not sure if this is what they're talking about, but the cerakote thing may be just a 🤏 issue I noticed on mine. Recoil pin fixed it (should have done it in the first place), but just saying.
20240815_192301.jpg

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Hey Ken. Would you please be able to provide the diameter and bore depth to accommodate the Spartan/Pic. Swapping from Arca/Pic on one of these stocks to a Spartan/Pic.
@Salmon River Solutions never mind. I ordered the Spartan/Pic rail from UM and was able to measure for depth and diameter and get it drilled and installed. No issues. Thanks!

jsider

FNG
Ordered Rem 700 SA in march, UM says there are a lot of stoks in front of me, unsure if it will be ready for November.

Backfire just tested a Howa 1500 Superlite. The used it to design a Backstop recoil pad that fits the Stocky's Stock that comes with the rifle. I had a hunch and called Stockys to verify. The limbsaver 5/8" recoil pad is exactly the same as it is on the Rokstok. If anyone wants a really high tech recoil pad, albeit a $90 very expensive recoil pad, call Backfire for their Backstop pad that is custom made for the cartridge and weight of the rifle. It is a 29mm pad so it will yield a longer LOP.