RokStok

You should try one and let us know what you think.
I'd like to based on all the other aspects of it, but to spend 5-600 dollars to try something with such a strange feature that doesn't make sense to me is a little offputting.

I'd like to based on all the other aspects of it, but to spend 5-600 dollars to try something with such a strange feature that doesn't make sense to me is a little offputting.
You could probably turn around and sell it for $750 on here. Maybe not so much in the future tho.

Once some old truck parts sell I’m rolling that into two rokstoks. Anyone need some F-150 takeoffs??

atmat

WKR
I should have three arriving in the next week or so. You’re welcome to try them if you’re in CO.

Because I tried discussing that same topic and got my head bit off.

Edit: I don't think he was asking me a question, was he?

And to get things back on topic, my concern is that trying to stay in the eyebox is going to be harder when you now have a sliding up and down aspect (At an angle) in addition to only moving in and out. Seems less consistent to me.

Stay in the eye box when? Before the shot or during recoil?

Marbles

WK Donkey
Classified Approved
my concern is that trying to stay in the eyebox is going to be harder when you now have a sliding up and down aspect (At an angle) in addition to only moving in and out. Seems less consistent to me.
I have not noticed it to be an issue with a SWFA 3-9 and it has an eye relief that changes with magnification.

If you are in AK, PM me and if it works out you can try mine.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Neither one of these has been an issue for me personally. I probably have 3,500 rounds or so through my RokStok on two different guns. I haven’t found a shooting position yet that would make me feel like I’m sliding my face up and down the stock. I’ve really only seen this occur with very novice shooters and that’s with any shape stock.

brockel

WKR
I do the same with “cheek weld”. Not really a fan of that term as so many shooters overthink and put too much focus on this.

UM Tikka Lows are good for me. They aren’t super “low” for low rings. They sit up higher than most other brand “lows” that I’ve seen. I thought I’d want to go with “extra lows” if/when they might come out with those. I won’t need them, the regular lows are good.
I had to switch to medium rings for mine.

I mean like getting into your shooting position, whatever that may be. I could see how having everything setup currectly could be just as consistent, like once you slide down to the right spot you are in the correct relief location.

I'm still interested, need to do more research on availability.

Axlrod

WKR
I mean like getting into your shooting position, whatever that may be. I could see how having everything setup currectly could be just as consistent, like once you slide down to the right spot you are in the correct relief location.

I'm still interested, need to do more research on availability.
The Rokstok is a well thought out design with a purpose. I'm still waiting for mine, but if it does what it is supposed to, it will be the best hunting stock made.

Not to bust your balls, but you didn't spell correctly correct! :ROFLMAO:

The Rokstok is a well thought out design with a purpose. I'm still waiting for mine, but if it does what it is supposed to, it will be the best hunting stock made.

Not to bust your balls, but you didn't spell correctly correct! :ROFLMAO:
My phone has been giving me issues, it's annoying.

Machingeaneer

Lil-Rokslider
And to get things back on topic, my concern is that trying to stay in the eyebox is going to be harder when you now have a sliding up and down aspect (At an angle) in addition to only moving in and out. Seems less consistent to me.
The biggest advantage of this comb is that is allows the recoil pad to be above bore centerline while being being able to keep your optic mounted as low as possible. Physics dictates that this will keep the recoil "flatter". Any increase in consistency in keeping your head on the stock with a traditional comb would be completely wiped out by the muzzle rise penalty.

JCMCUBIC

WKR
RE: high recoil lug issue...

I finally gave in and shot mine yesterday. I wanted to get behind it and couldn't wait any longer. The recoil lug is a touch high, I simply torqued the front screw as normal (hard), and put a very small/thin piece of plastic under the rear screw and only tightened it lightly. For the final correction I'll bed the front of the action torqued tight, and bed the rear with little to no torque on it. This should correct things. After hardening, this should provide a rear pad and allow me to torque the rear as normal.

Feeding/mag fit was excellent yesterday with the torqued front and light rear, which was my main concern.

Accuracy was excellent, though it was ~.3 mil higher at 200 than in the previous stock.

RE: the stock in use...

The grip design is excellent. Perfect.

I was using UM low rings. I need higher rings. Prone and "hunched prone" (~45 deg using different rests) were great, though I had to work to get my head down on the scope. End positions were very solid. Shooting with a .223 but essentially no muzzle rise. Even dialing up to 15x at 200 yards to minimize FOV, I could watch impacts. Nice.

I didn't shoot a single shot offhand. I had planned to but held off. For me, the stock is not a good fit offhand. I could get down on it but absolutely had to raise my shoulder up, and crane my neck forward down to an extent that it was a struggle. Higher rings will help, but for my build, the stock likely needs another 1-1.5" added to the toe. This is against the grain on the design of the stock for reducing muzzle rise, but shooting upright/offhand, for my build, it's needed. Except for positions that need less than 1-1.5" rear bag, I don't think it would adversely effect prone shooting as long as the shooter focused on seating the upper pad to shoulder.

From prone/forward lying supported I don't think I've shot anything better. I do need to bed to alleviate the lug issue. I likely need higher rings but may shoot it a bit more as is just to see. Looking forward to spending more time behind it.

Bluumoon

WKR
Shoot2HuntU

It’s only strange bc you’ve been doing it wrong your whole life.

Greenstig

FNG
You should be able to pull it out with pliers.

Looks like that isn’t going to possible with his stock. It’s the one that arrived unseated and too high to bolt up the action.

I just spent 1/2 an hour trying to pull it. Only succeeded in marring the lug. I finally got pissed off, put a hard rubber handle on top of the lug, and used a metal bar in an attempt to tap it in...which turned into hammering hard...which as far as I can tell hasn't moved it. Tomorrow I'll give it another shot with a hammer.

For those who made the recommendation of seating it and letting the action screws pull it down, it's way to high for screws to make any engagement. Even if they were long enough...and I may have some stock maker screws that are...I'm doubtful the plastic bm would hold up very well.