RokStok

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
The RokStok allowed me to clearly see my first shot miss as 866 yards this morning with my Tikka .260. Even with an awkward downhill sloping away from me prone position, I clearly saw that my first shot elevation looked really good, but I didn't quite hold enough for the 4 O Clock wind, it JUST barely missed left on the 12" Gong.

I never left the scope, never lost sight of the target while chambering a new round... I made a wind hold correction with the Maven MIL reticle and let another one go. Impact. Video below, white gong is towards the top of the frame, sorry I suck at videoing.

Shot position... It was much more downhill sloping away from me than it looks like in the photo. Ended up with my 15's bino harness and UM Molinator on top of my pack with my main chest bino harness for rear rest.

shot position 8 22 24 866.JPG

Before I packed up I went ahead and shot the 3rd shot from the 3 round magazine, same position as shots 1 and 2. Another impact, they are two shots almost touching on the left side of the gong.

Shots Results 8 22 24 866.jpg

Here's a view from the gong with an arrow pointing to where I shot from. When I ranged the top of that knob my RF binos said I had a 893 yard shot. By the time I climbed up the knob, got setup, and ranged the gong below me, the reading was 866 Yards.

gong view 8 22 24 866.jpg

You should buy one of these stocks and go shoot with it! There are no "gimmicks", no "adjustments" needed in your shooting position, or any sort of "learning curve" in the slightest in order to shoot with this stock. It helps you be a more effective shooter, no matter the shot type.

Last edited:
I had the same issue with my recoil lug. Tried setting it with the action but it wouldn’t budge. Tried to pull it with vice grips and my buddy holding the stock, wouldn’t budge. We tried for over an hour with different pliers, vice grips, etc. I finally took a hammer and seated it as deep as it would go. Hopefully it shoots lights out and I’ll forget about it.

I’m not upset or complaining about stockys or UM. I made the decision to do what I did. I have hunts coming asap and didn’t want to ship it back and wait any longer.

IMG_5598.jpeg

sveltri

WKR
I measured my factory and the MT lug last night. The factory lug I had measured .005 shorter than the MT. Going to shoot with the factory and see if there's any difference for me.

Could you post a pic here?
I'm not on the gram I ges..
Full picture on page 293

JCMCUBIC

WKR
I had the same issue with my recoil lug. Tried setting it with the action but it wouldn’t budge. Tried to pull it with vice grips and my buddy holding the stock, wouldn’t budge. We tried for over an hour with different pliers, vice grips, etc. I finally took a hammer and seated it as deep as it would go. Hopefully it shoots lights out and I’ll forget about it.

I’m not upset or complaining about stockys or UM. I made the decision to do what I did. I have hunts coming asap and didn’t want to ship it back and wait any longer.

I just spent 1/2 an hour trying to pull it. Only succeeded in marring the lug. I finally got pissed off, put a hard rubber handle on top of the lug, and used a metal bar in an attempt to tap it in...which turned into hammering hard...which as far as I can tell hasn't moved it. Tomorrow I'll give it another shot with a hammer.

For those who made the recommendation of seating it and letting the action screws pull it down, it's way to high for screws to make any engagement. Even if they were long enough...and I may have some stock maker screws that are...I'm doubtful the plastic bm would hold up very well.

T_Widdy

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I just spent 1/2 an hour trying to pull it. Only succeeded in marring the lug. I finally got pissed off, put a hard rubber handle on top of the lug, and used a metal bar in an attempt to tap it in...which turned into hammering hard...which as far as I can tell hasn't moved it. Tomorrow I'll give it another shot with a hammer.

For those who made the recommendation of seating it and letting the action screws pull it down, it's way to high for screws to make any engagement. Even if they were long enough...and I may have some stock maker screws that are...I'm doubtful the plastic bm would hold up very well.
What did um say to do?

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
Full picture on page 293

My bad
Thankyou!

Wyo_hntr

WKR
I'm not sure how guys seemed to make a bigger ruckus about imperfections in the bare carbon finish than the lugs not seating properly. That's a huge quality and functional issue which should have been easily caught. I'd be embarrassed sending out stocks with that problem.
I can only speak to mine, but it appeared to be a couple thousandths...maybe a few. I can see how that would go unnoticed. Heck I didn't notice it until I compared it to another stockys stock.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
For those without Instagrams... Would somebody be please a lamb and let me know in here when a wood version goes up for ordering please? I need 2 and my father in law wants 2.
I would be willing to bet they are a MRC exclusive. But that is pure speculation

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I couldn't leave well enough alone..View attachment 744744

Some spray paint, sponges, and 5mins. I wanted the orange to be brighter, but it will wear off and I will repaint it. #spraypaintlife
Looks good! Next time you gotta go get some of this color! My local Ace hardware has it. It's even brighter than the construction marking paint neon orange. Photo here makes it look really red, it's not that red.

IMG_8315.jpg