RokStok

Marbles

WKR
Classified Approved
Depending on the type of hunting that a person does, you can get dirt, sticks, leaves and all kinds of crap inside the barrel channel. I have a Rokstok on order, and I would hope that it would actually fit my barrel and action. Seems like a lot of folks on here don't care about looks and fit on these stocks. I'm not one of them.
Busting alders with a tight barrel channel on a Kimber Montana I had leaves and contact between the stock and barrel that I found when the hunt was over and I pulled the action from the stock (so much dirt and debris I actually ran it under a faucet).

Busting alders with a sendero channel on a Rokstok and a T3x Lite profile barrel, I had no debris and could verify that at a glance.

If people hunt truly thick stuff, the only good options are full length bedding or a very large gap. Also, the sendero channel on the factory lite barrel looks just fine in person.

Last edited:
Busting alders with a tight barrel channel on a Kimber Montana I had leaves and contact between the stock and barrel that I found when the hunt was over and I pulled the action from the stock (so much dirt and debris I actually ran it under a faucet).

Busting alders with a sendero channel on a Rokstok and a T3x Lite profile barrel, I had no debris and could verify that at a glance.

If people hunt truly thick stuff, the only good options are full length bedding or a very large gap. Also, the sendero channel on the factory lite barrel looks just fine in person.
If people are worried about getting twigs/etc in a big gap, keeping your extra barrel tape just ahead of the stock on the barrel will solve that

I just don’t care, because I know a perfect looking gap will get lots of crap in there I can’t get out without dropping the barreled action, and you can’t know how bad it is

Big gap you can see and clear without taking it apart.

At the same time, I don’t care if people want cosmetics over function, but there is no good argument for a sporter channel unless you choose looks over function.

I agree, i like the large gap, between the salmonberry, pecker pole alders and dog hair reprod, a cosmetically pleasing gap will be full of crap in short order and you won’t know until you drop the stock, and I’m not great about maintenance during season, I always found that mess after the season was over.

Stocky

Lil-Rokslider
There's obviously some different opinions and points of view on this subject. I don't have to have the prettiest gun on the mountain, but I just can't get into the "dead cat" mentality. And by the way, I actually think the Rokstok looks pretty cool. Especially with some of the cerakote jobs that I've seen on them.
I'm definitely not saying it needs to be crazy wide but the above with a 3b and factory contour looks fine and still has heaps to go. I thought they were getting rid of the sporter option anyway.

khuber84

WKR
I brought my tl3/hvy palma nrl hunter barreled action over with my rokstok that's cut 3b. Told the smith, make this fit with ample clearance. Any of my other barrels will fit with ease after this.

Gadjet

Lil-Rokslider
I'm definitely not saying it needs to be crazy wide but the above with a 3b and factory contour looks fine and still has heaps to go. I thought they were getting rid of the sporter option anyway.
I’m not digging my heels in the sand on my opinion. After reading some of the last few comments I can see where it actually makes sense to have a little more room in the channel. Learn something new every day I guess.

lintond

WKR
I like the LE green a lot in person, it’s too bad that process is such a pain, and future stocks will be 1 color cerakote, but I’m glad this one became a reality

I found no problems with inleting or fit, dropped right in and everything fit correctly, barrel is centered in the barrel channel

The texture doesn’t show up that much, doesn’t change the look. I will have one on every tikka.

Hoping the short LOP version becomes a reality, because I would love to build a 6 creed for my daughter and the shorter rokstok is the ideal stock, but mine may fit her fine too, the trigger reach makes it feel like shorter lop than it is

Definitely sticking with the LE green. Thanks for the photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey_NW

WKR
I’m not digging my heels in the sand on my opinion. After reading some of the last few comments I can see where it actually makes sense to have a little more room in the channel. Learn something new every day I guess.
I agree with you that there's a happy medium that is fully functional and aesthetically pleasing though. I just think having an 1/8" or even 3/16" clearance around the barrel in the stock doesn't look as atrocious and you would initially think, especially if it's centered in the channel.

NSI

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
@Stockys @Unknown Munitions

Nice job on the new consolidated product page. 2 questions:

Can the Tikka Rokstok be ordered with a CTR inlet (for running aftermarket short action AICS bottom metal)? If not, would you open it up as a paid service?

Is the Howa Mini action accounted for under Howa Short on the current drop down, or will that require a separate mold/inlet? Guessing you might be waiting on the RS Lite for that.

Thanks,
-J

JCMCUBIC

WKR
After spending a fair amount of time using a few of them, I'm happy to use a completely open barrel channel with only the outer shell and no fill. An example is the Grayboe Trekker. Along with minimal action area inlet depth (think chassis), it makes a very generic production model, reducing cost and time, while also reducing weight.

D R T

FNG
I like the LE green a lot in person, it’s too bad that process is such a pain, and future stocks will be 1 color cerakote, but I’m glad this one became a reality

I found no problems with inleting or fit, dropped right in and everything fit correctly, barrel is centered in the barrel channel

The texture doesn’t show up that much, doesn’t change the look. I will have one on every tikka.

Hoping the short LOP version becomes a reality, because I would love to build a 6 creed for my daughter and the shorter rokstok is the ideal stock, but mine may fit her fine too, the trigger reach makes it feel like shorter lop than it is
That looks bad ass! I’d get one if still available.