RokStok

plebe

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of rumors being developed here........

Yes, we have returned stocks.
No, we haven't returned all stocks.
Yes, we are still shipping stocks weekly.
No, we are not shipping as many stocks as we'd like.
Yes, we at UM are picky about what leaves our shop.
No, blems are currently not available while in abundance.
Yes, we are absolutely as upset as you are about this delay in deliveries.
Yes, I am personally flying to Stockys Sunday 6/30 to help move things along and share our findings.
No, order date is not the only detail determining the order in which stocks are delivered. Delivery dates to customers are based on Stocky's production choices, which mold is needed for the stock you ordered, and more.
Yes, we have 3 variations of molds: Railed Tikka, Rail-less Tikka, and REM 700.
Yes, not one green Rokstok has been shipped. The green carbon camo layup has proved increasingly difficult to line up seams without touchup. Every process is being reviewed and improved to produce these stocks.
No, we are not trying to steal your money. Anyone wanting a refund simply needs to email us.
Yes, your Rokstok will perform fantastically once you receive it.
No, all info written in this thread is not always accurate unless from the source.
Yes, S2H, UM, and Rokslide are doing everything we can to get you your stock as soon as possible.
Yes, occasionally a team member here at UM may give out incorrect info due to constant changes and all of your unlimited inquiries through phone and email reaching different people.
No, calling and emailing will not get your stock to you any faster.
No, we still cannot provide you any update on ETA's.
No, emailing hateful messages and posting public service announcements about UM's inability to deliver stocks will not get you your stock any faster.
Yes, I understand this is the stock of your dreams for your upcoming fall hunt and you are very worried about it arriving on time. We are doing our very best to get it to you.
Yes, I understand you paid for a stock that was promised in 90 days and is now passing 180 days.
No, the current Stocky's VG thread has nothing to do with our Rokstok.
Yes, almost every issue is cosmetic due to most stocks being ordered in bare carbon.
Yes, almost every other stock manufacturer charges more for bare carbon delivery except us.

Situations like this allow us the opportunity to improve in the future and future stocks will not have any pre orders. We would take it all back if we could, but for now we are doing our absolute best to to put stocks in all of your hands. Thank you greatly to those of you that are being patient with us. For those of you talking shit and spreading rumors..........shame on you.

Jake Mushaney
UM and S2H

Just a heads up, if you google UM Tikka Rokstok and click the link for T3X, it shows 244 in stock with no 150day warning banner. That warning is on the general Home / RIFLE PARTS / STOCKS AND CHASSIS / ROKSTOK page, and may not be how some search.

The shame on you comment is a bit much imo. Folks seem to like the stock and there’s a positive buzz about them and folks just want to know what’s going on. Rightfully so. In the absence of information, what do you expect?

Glad you keep going at these ventures to provide high end gear which will undoubtedly be appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited:
If bare carbon is the issue, I'd be cool with picking a single color. I'm not picky. I picked plain carbon because I thought it would be easier to produce. If it's not, paint it.

Would probably piss some people off but maybe just paint them all black?

Maybe there should be another group other than the "10%ers" for folks that haven't called or emailed? "Easy goers"? "Patient ones"?
Agree. I ordered bare carbon for the same reason. Paint it the easiest color and “send it” haha.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I’d like to see more info on that shirt handle. Seems like it would be harder to grab? Is there enough space between your thumb and the scope when it’s rotated?

Not harder to grab at all- much easier.

The philosophy of the handle and knob-

1). The proclivity of the factory knob and handle; and especially after market enlarged and longer knobs to inadvertently get knocked up buy the trigger finger, pack, etc.; locking the safety in the on position, or when the trigger is pulled getting a light strike due to the handle needing to rotate down to fire. Getting it out of the way of the trigger finger and hand is required.

2). Immediate follow up shots- I.E., speed. Quickly and consistently reloading while still watching through the optic at the target. The handle and knob should require the least arm and hand movement possible.

3). To do #2, one needs positive control of the knob/bolt from start to finish- unlocking, extracting, ejecting, feeding, and locking- without ever losing positive control.
The way to do that is a crab claw pinch around the bolt knob.

With those three points- the bolt handle needs to be a bit shorter, and it should be straight- not curved, and well as perfectly round. The knob needs to be perfectly round with no edges at all- doing both of those together at the right size/shape allows the knob and handle to rotate freely in your hand/fingers, and wrist flip alone racks the bolt.

It is the cleanest, fastest, easiest technique to run the bolt, causes the least movement of the hand/arm/body or rifle, and maintains absolute control during the entire cycle.

Here you can get a sense for the shape/size and how much room there is between the shooters fingers and the knob-
IMG_9783.jpeg

IMG_9782.jpeg

I don’t make a penny on these handles/knobs. Running the bolt with that technique is the best way to do it, and this handle and knob are the best handle and knob on the market. They were specifically designed for function and use in the field.

1). The proclivity of the factory knob and handle; and especially after market enlarged and longer knobs to inadvertently get knocked up buy the trigger finger, pack, etc.; locking the safety in the on position, or when the trigger is pulled getting a light strike due to the handle needing to rotate down to fire. Getting it out of the way of the trigger finger and hand is required.

2). Immediate follow up shots- I.E., speed. Quickly and consistently reloading while still watching through the optic at the target. The handle and knob should require the least arm and hand movement possible.

3). To do #2, one needs positive control of the knob/bolt from start to finish- unlocking, extracting, ejecting, feeding, and locking- without ever losing positive control.

With those three points- the bolt handle needs to be a bit shorter, and it should be straight- not curved, and well as perfectly round. The knob needs to be perfectly round with no edges at all- doing both of those together at the right size/shape allows the knob and handle to rotate freely in your hand/fingers, and wrist flip alone racks the bolt.

It is the cleanest, fastest, easiest technique to run the bolt, causes the least movement of the hand/arm/body or rifle, and maintains absolute control during the entire cycle.

Here you can get a sense for the shape/size and how much room there is between the shooters fingers and the knob-
View attachment 729508

View attachment 729509

I don’t make a penny on these handles/knobs. Running the bolt with that technique is the best way to do it, and this handle and knob are the best handle and knob on the market. They were specifically designed for function and use in the field.
Thanks for the explaination. I agree with you and have had those exact issues with the Sterk curved handles and even the factory ones with the CTR knobs a few times. Looking forward to giving them a try

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
Thanks for the explaination. I agree with you and have had those exact issues with the Sterk curved handles and even the factory ones with the CTR knobs a few times. Looking forward to giving them a try

Yes sir. I imagine you will dig it. People really like it when they change their technique to the crab claw/pinch method. Then the handle and knob just glide in your fingers.

Tcmo-33

FNG

View attachment 729508

View attachment 729509

I assume the pictures you posted are the short standard version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
I’d like to see more info on that shirt handle. Seems like it would be harder to grab? Is there enough space between your thumb and the scope when it’s rotated?
IMG_0880.jpegIMG_0881.jpeg

Iv used/own a lot of handles and on a hunting rifle, this is the one. Short enough to not interfere with gloves. The right size ball for quick operation.

I did have to file a little out of the bolt cut in the stock, it’s that short. Even being that short it feels better than factory.

Until this, on my hunting guns, I preferred the ctr handle (stock with the plastic knob). This is like a slightly shorter and straight version of that.

They did a really good job on this one.

Lawnboi

WKR
@Formidilosus

What do you have to say on the long version?

Currently the sterk swept is my favorite in my chassis match gun. Iv tried others but the sterk has been the most right next to the ctr factory handle. Maybe the long version would be right for this application?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
@Formidilosus

What do you have to say on the long version?

Currently the sterk swept is my favorite in my chassis match gun. Iv tried others but the sterk has been the most right next to the ctr factory handle. Maybe the long version would be right for this application?

Haven’t used the long version- the short one with round knob was my goal for years. I rack the bolt the same whether hunting or matches, so the short it is for me.

View attachment 729538View attachment 729539

Iv used/own a lot of handles and on a hunting rifle, this is the one. Short enough to not interfere with gloves. The right size ball for quick operation.

I did have to file a little out of the bolt cut in the stock, it’s that short. Even being that short it feels better than factory.

Until this, on my hunting guns, I preferred the ctr handle (stock with the plastic knob). This is like a slightly shorter and straight version of that.

They did a really good job on this one.
Awesome.. thanks for the pics. I also have been preferring the CTR handle/knob for a good while, but I’ll definitely want to give this one a try.

walk2112

Lil-Rokslider
... future stocks will not have any pre orders....
I'm planning to invest in more RokStoks (whether that's this month or down the road a little ways when the dust settles, doesn't change that I want several and will snatch em up when I can)...
... does 'future stocks' here refer to inlets currently on the UM website that require the 15 ea orders to procure a mold? (I.e. M70 long/short, Savage, Howa, T1x)

Or are we talking future stocks as in the Rokstok lite/heavy fill version/wood iterations that are not available for pre-order yet? (understood that those are concepts under development and not in the immediate production future)

Thanks. @Unknown Munitions

I'm planning to invest in more RokStoks (whether that's this month or down the road a little ways when the dust settles, doesn't change that I want several and will snatch em up when I can)...
... does 'future stocks' here refer to inlets currently on the UM website that require the 15 ea orders to procure a mold? (I.e. M70 long/short, Savage, Howa, T1x)

Or are we talking future stocks as in the Rokstok lite/heavy fill version/wood iterations that are not available for pre-order yet? (understood that those are concepts under development and not in the immediate production future)

Thanks. @Unknown Munitions

Curious what you’re hoping to glean from this? You can give UM your money for rem, howa, savage, etc rokstoks right now. Have any of them ever been made? Seems like a “pre-order”.

Amidst all this controversy I've been spending time with my Rokstok. It seems to be one of the very first shipped. When shooting, I regularly bring a 300wm custom 700 in a AG Visigoth and 2 Tikkas. One is a 270 WSM and one is a 243. I have 2 stocks for the Tikkas. One is the Rokstok and one is the Stocky's VG. The stocks have been swapped a few times between the Tikkas. When shooting from a bench I prefer both Tikka stocks over the AG Visigoth. When field shooting, the Rokstok has been my clear favorite for most of the reasons described on previous posts. I swapped the Tikka stocks to see if it was one gun I prefer but I find that I tend to prefer shooting whichever rifle the Rokstok is on.

Hopefully this isn't too lengthy but this is my experience.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I was lucky and got my stock delivered in early May. After shooting it for a couple thousand rounds now let me say this…

If they had told me when I ordered that I would received the stock in 12 months from order time, I would still have ordered it. It’s worth the wait. I don’t have a single sliver of a **** hair in this game at all. I don’t even know why mine showed up as quickly as it did. I just know that I want my gear to work and perform day after day.

This is the best all around, lightweight hunting stock I’ve ever used. Going back to other stocks on other rifles feels wrong now, and I kind of hate it haha. My wife says the same thing. All of my rifles and her rifles will utilize these stocks eventually (maybe Sako models in the future please?)

I have two more rokstocks on order and I’ll wait as long as it takes for them. Use the factory stock or your current stock until then and wait patiently. It sucks to wait, but it’s worth it in the long run.

I was lucky and got my stock delivered in early May. After shooting it for a couple thousand rounds now let me say this…

If they had told me when I ordered that I would received the stock in 12 months from order time, I would still have ordered it. It’s worth the wait. I don’t have a single sliver of a **** hair in this game at all. I don’t even know why mine showed up as quickly as it did. I just know that I want my gear to work and perform day after day.

This is the best all around, lightweight hunting stock I’ve ever used. Going back to other stocks on other rifles feels wrong now, and I kind of hate it haha. My wife says the same thing. All of my rifles and her rifles will utilize these stocks eventually (maybe Sako models in the future please?)

I have two more rokstocks on order and I’ll wait as long as it takes for them. Use the factory stock or your current stock until then and wait patiently. It sucks to wait, but it’s worth it in the long run.
I feel the same. It is similar to shooting with a suppressor, you forget about the difference it makes until you shoot without it.

BAKPAKR

WKR

It showed up early because someone mistakenly put orange in the paint gun and they knew you would be only person who would want the stock the way it ended up. 😀