RokStok

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
Why is that? Do you know something?
Heard from UM that the last batch of rokstocks they received was not good enough to be finished and sent out. I assume this is related:

Wyo_hntr

WKR
Heard from UM that the last batch of rokstocks they received was not good enough to be finished and sent out. I assume this is related:

If it's purely cosmetic, I'll take one off their hands and be happy to do so.

gbflyer

WKR
I’ve always gotten good service from Stockys.

It’s a different world these days, I cannot imagine what it must be like to effectively herd all the cats around to get out an acceptable product. Lack of labor, volatile material costs, freight, overhead, all out of control. Best thing is to be patient.

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Agreed. Assuming it’s purely cosmetic I’d be down for a blem. I’m gonna spray paint it anyways
I was the one who made that post and it’s not just the cloudy clear coat and the blemishes… the poor inletting is more of the problem, I understand that there are variations from action to action but it is pretty darn sloppy and the bottom metal is also flexing.

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Lots of rumors being developed here........

Yes, we have returned stocks.
No, we haven't returned all stocks.
Yes, we are still shipping stocks weekly.
No, we are not shipping as many stocks as we'd like.
Yes, we at UM are picky about what leaves our shop.
No, blems are currently not available while in abundance.
Yes, we are absolutely as upset as you are about this delay in deliveries.
Yes, I am personally flying to Stockys Sunday 6/30 to help move things along and share our findings.
No, order date is not the only detail determining the order in which stocks are delivered. Delivery dates to customers are based on Stocky's production choices, which mold is needed for the stock you ordered, and more.
Yes, we have 3 variations of molds: Railed Tikka, Rail-less Tikka, and REM 700.
Yes, not one green Rokstok has been shipped. The green carbon camo layup has proved increasingly difficult to line up seams without touchup. Every process is being reviewed and improved to produce these stocks.
No, we are not trying to steal your money. Anyone wanting a refund simply needs to email us.
Yes, your Rokstok will perform fantastically once you receive it.
No, all info written in this thread is not always accurate unless from the source.
Yes, S2H, UM, and Rokslide are doing everything we can to get you your stock as soon as possible.
Yes, occasionally a team member here at UM may give out incorrect info due to constant changes and all of your unlimited inquiries through phone and email reaching different people.
No, calling and emailing will not get your stock to you any faster.
No, we still cannot provide you any update on ETA's.
No, emailing hateful messages and posting public service announcements about UM's inability to deliver stocks will not get you your stock any faster.
Yes, I understand this is the stock of your dreams for your upcoming fall hunt and you are very worried about it arriving on time. We are doing our very best to get it to you.
Yes, I understand you paid for a stock that was promised in 90 days and is now passing 180 days.
No, the current Stocky's VG thread has nothing to do with our Rokstok.
Yes, almost every issue is cosmetic due to most stocks being ordered in bare carbon.
Yes, almost every other stock manufacturer charges more for bare carbon delivery except us.

Situations like this allow us the opportunity to improve in the future and future stocks will not have any pre orders. We would take it all back if we could, but for now we are doing our absolute best to to put stocks in all of your hands. Thank you greatly to those of you that are being patient with us. For those of you talking shit and spreading rumors..........shame on you.

Jake Mushaney
UM and S2H

huntnful

WKR
I reached out to cancel my order, not out of disgust or hatefulness or anything like that. I just simply didn't believe I would get it in adequate time for season, since it was a Rem 700 and I hadn't seen any produced yet. I just wanted the funds back for other hunting related expenses that I could put them towards this season.

I sent a simple email explaining just that. Jessica responded in literal minutes, and said "No problem, refund sent!". Had the refund on my card in probably under 30 minutes from sending the initial email. I'll continue to support UM and I'll probably just purchase one later, once they are in a better production standing.

I'm certainly not advising anyone and everyone to get refunds. I think that would be quite the funding issue honestly. I'm just saying I held up my end of the deal with waiting 6 months, and they held up their end with an immediate no questions asked refund. Good company in my book!

Lawnboi

WKR
I appreciate the update as someone still in line.

Also awesome job on the bolt handle/knob! Finally the perfect hunting handle for a tikka. I hope the same thought goes into a factory mag bottom metal.

What seems to be happening shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone who has been involved with shooting for a while…

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I appreciate the update as someone still in line.

Also awesome job on the bolt handle/knob! Finally the perfect hunting handle for a tikka.

It is indeed the correct handle. Took more effort and time than people probably understand.

I hope the same thought goes into a factory mag bottom metal.

It’s coming.

Wyo_hntr

WKR
If bare carbon is the issue, I'd be cool with picking a single color. I'm not picky. I picked plain carbon because I thought it would be easier to produce. If it's not, paint it.

Would probably piss some people off but maybe just paint them all black?

Maybe there should be another group other than the "10%ers" for folks that haven't called or emailed? "Easy goers"? "Patient ones"?

Last edited:

gtriple

WKR
Lots of rumors being developed here........

Yes, we have returned stocks.
No, we haven't returned all stocks.
Yes, we are still shipping stocks weekly.
No, we are not shipping as many stocks as we'd like.
Yes, we at UM are picky about what leaves our shop.
No, blems are currently not available while in abundance.
Yes, we are absolutely as upset as you are about this delay in deliveries.
Yes, I am personally flying to Stockys Sunday 6/30 to help move things along and share our findings.
No, order date is not the only detail determining the order in which stocks are delivered. Delivery dates to customers are based on Stocky's production choices, which mold is needed for the stock you ordered, and more.
Yes, we have 3 variations of molds: Railed Tikka, Rail-less Tikka, and REM 700.
Yes, not one green Rokstok has been shipped. The green carbon camo layup has proved increasingly difficult to line up seams without touchup. Every process is being reviewed and improved to produce these stocks.
No, we are not trying to steal your money. Anyone wanting a refund simply needs to email us.
Yes, your Rokstok will perform fantastically once you receive it.
No, all info written in this thread is not always accurate unless from the source.
Yes, S2H, UM, and Rokslide are doing everything we can to get you your stock as soon as possible.
Yes, occasionally a team member here at UM may give out incorrect info due to constant changes and all of your unlimited inquiries through phone and email reaching different people.
No, calling and emailing will not get your stock to you any faster.
No, we still cannot provide you any update on ETA's.
No, emailing hateful messages and posting public service announcements about UM's inability to deliver stocks will not get you your stock any faster.
Yes, I understand this is the stock of your dreams for your upcoming fall hunt and you are very worried about it arriving on time. We are doing our very best to get it to you.
Yes, I understand you paid for a stock that was promised in 90 days and is now passing 180 days.
No, the current Stocky's VG thread has nothing to do with our Rokstok.
Yes, almost every issue is cosmetic due to most stocks being ordered in bare carbon.
Yes, almost every other stock manufacturer charges more for bare carbon delivery except us.

Situations like this allow us the opportunity to improve in the future and future stocks will not have any pre orders. We would take it all back if we could, but for now we are doing our absolute best to to put stocks in all of your hands. Thank you greatly to those of you that are being patient with us. For those of you talking shit and spreading rumors..........shame on you.

Jake Mushaney
UM and S2H
No pre-orders? Dang. I wanted to throw some dough at the ultralight version.