RokStok

slowelk

WKR
They clearly aren’t past 12/21 orders. Yes, some 12/22 orders have gone out, but a material amount of 12/21 orders are still unfilled. Kind of wild.

It’s likely that the most orders by day was on 12/21, then a dropoff. I’ll be happy to be wrong, but I bet they aren’t through December orders before Labor Day.

JDBAK

Lil-Rokslider
I have one on the way for my 260, but thinking hard about another couple for a 300 WSM and .243

brockel

WKR
They clearly aren’t past 12/21 orders. Yes, some 12/22 orders have gone out, but a material amount of 12/21 orders are still unfilled. Kind of wild.

It’s likely that the most orders by day was on 12/21, then a dropoff. I’ll be happy to be wrong, but I bet they aren’t through December orders before Labor Day.
Would be nice to know how many were ordered first day and how many of those orders have been filled. I ordered mine first part of January and would like to be able to figure the math if I will have mine before September. If not I need to grab a Stockys vg

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Would be nice to know how many were ordered first day and how many of those orders have been filled. I ordered mine first part of January and would like to be able to figure the math if I will have mine before September. If not I need to grab a Stockys vg
Really doesn't matter how many the first day, really just matters how many are in front of you and how many they're shipping out. Sept is 9 working weeks away, they've claimed they can do 30/week (not sure if they are), that's 270stocks between then and now. The email before said they've shipped out ~100 stocks. I think its reasonable to assume there were a few hundred stocks sold in Dec based on the initial inventory quota on the presale website. IMHO if you NEED something before Sept it would be less stress to not bank on the rokstok. Do you have the factory stock still? If so no need to run out and grab a VG stock, unless you want one, just wait for the rokstok but don't bank on it for Sept in your planning. If you literally have no stock right now then I would personally be making other arrangements while you wait so you aren't stressing.

I ordered mine within hours of the sale going live (12/21 at 6:50 pm Mountain Time) and haven't received it. I'm just planning to use the factory stock on hunts this season if the stock doesn't show up in the next 6-weeks and definitely am not holding my breath.

If you really need a stock by september and don't have a back-up option, I'd get a back-up option ASAP. Plenty of factory take-offs for sale for cheap in the classifieds.

Hunter609

WKR
I called and added a cheek pad when the shipment showed up after the last email from um. I was told they had mine but I still haven’t heard anything. Mines a bare carbon with pic spartan.

yeti12

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered mine within hours of the sale going live (12/21 at 6:50 pm Mountain Time) and haven't received it. I'm just planning to use the factory stock on hunts this season if the stock doesn't show up in the next 6-weeks and definitely am not holding my breath.

If you really need a stock by september and don't have a back-up option, I'd get a back-up option ASAP. Plenty of factory take-offs for sale for cheap in the classifieds.
So they might be 25% through day 1?

I'm a couple days after that, maybe I'll get it at the 390 day mark.

I’d assume they are at the mercy of stockys on this one. Hopefully they get the process going faster.
Sounded like the current status from the last update. I would assume the molded stocks from Stocky's is definitely the long pole in the tent compared to inletting and assembly at UM as far as a processing time standpoint.

So they might be 25% through day 1?

I'm a couple days after that, maybe I'll get it at the 390 day mark.
I have no idea as far as how many stocks are delivered to-date. I should have clarified above that I am one of the LE green that Stocky's has struggled to produce compared to the bare carbon and cerakoted stocks.

Bsnyder

WKR
That feeling when you get an email from unknown hoping your Rokstock shipped but it was just an instock notification……..

TheTone

WKR
I’ve considered strongly ordering one but wonder if I would actually ever get it. I think those that did the pre order will get stocks but I wonder if the trouble getting them made and out might just kill the product for those making orders now

I’ve considered strongly ordering one but wonder if I would actually ever get it. I think those that did the pre order will get stocks but I wonder if the trouble getting them made and out might just kill the product for those making orders now
UM invested heavily in multiple molds especially with adding the grip texture machined in the molds. It would be a huge financial loss to only fill preorders and not sell stocks moving forward.

They have already invested the capital up front, thinking they would stop selling it when the product becomes profitable makes zero sense.

I think a much more realistic concern is that they cut their losses on the green stocks at some point in the near future if stockys is unable to produce them.

9.3koolaid

Lil-Rokslider
UM invested heavily in multiple molds especially with adding the grip texture machined in the molds. It would be a huge financial loss to only fill preorders and not sell stocks moving forward.

They have already invested the capital up front, thinking they would stop selling it when the product becomes profitable makes zero sense.

I think a much more realistic concern is that they cut their losses on the green stocks at some point in the near future if stockys is unable to produce them.
Stockys is unable to produce anything at the moment.