RokStok

Also thinking bare carbon, but can only find pics of the glossy carbon fiber. I guess it’s not that much different.

What’s grippier? Matte carbon fiber or cerakote?

Seems like bare carbon will be most durable.
Jake said cerakote will have more “tack” to it than bare carbon previously.

Stockys- Will the Rokstok be compatible with Redsnake Tikka Bottom Metal without modification?
I’m assuming this stock inlet for bottom metal is the same cut out as your other tikka stocks, same action after all. Are you aware of people using Redsnake Bottom Metal in your existing Tikka stocks and if so what modifications are needed?
This is a great question I've been wondering the same. A drop in 3.715 acis mag option would be a very nice option for some

Harvey_NW

WKR
Stockys- Will the Rokstok be compatible with Redsnake Tikka Bottom Metal without modification?
I’m assuming this stock inlet for bottom metal is the same cut out as your other tikka stocks, same action after all. Are you aware of people using Redsnake Bottom Metal in your existing Tikka stocks and if so what modifications are needed?
Not a Stocky's stock, but a B&C with "drop in fit for T3X", required a little relieving out of the sides and corners in the front of the block. Wasn't overly complicated, end mill made it easy and cleaner, but it could be done with a dremel or a file.
20190807_210121.jpg20190807_210207.jpg

This is a great question I've been wondering the same. A drop in 3.715 acis mag option would be a very nice option for some
3.715" requires notching the front of the action port for meplat clearance, or they can scoot forward from recoil and hang up when feeding. Something I was very irritated about, because they don't mention that anywhere on their website. Not certain if the 3.5" version is short enough to clear or not, but it would be worth looking into.

3.715" requires notching the front of the action port for meplat clearance, or they can scoot forward from recoil and hang up when feeding. Something I was very irritated about, because they don't mention that anywhere on their website. Not certain if the 3.5" version is short enough to clear or not, but it would be worth looking into.
That's good to know, the wording on their site sure makes it seem like there's no modification to anything beside the inletting of the stock. Guess I'll have to keep the 7 prc to factory mag confines.

Can't wait for my stock and rings To come in but still need to pick someone to buy a barrel from

Harvey_NW

WKR
That's good to know, the wording on their site sure makes it seem like there's no modification to anything beside the inletting of the stock. Guess I'll have to keep the 7 prc to factory mag confines.

Can't wait for my stock and rings To come in but still need to pick someone to buy a barrel from
Might try and order one of these, let's you get to 3.41" and snaps into a factory bottom. I build on Tikkas because of flush mags, I'm not a fan of bulky protruding box mags on my hunting rifle.

Frank Dux

Lil-Rokslider
I don’t see the grippier areas formed in the mold. I guess these will be added during carbon fiber layout or after it comes out.

IMG_0146.jpeg

Beetroot

Lil-Rokslider
This image led today's Rokslide email update. Can't see it on the ROKStok - what, why, how thread so adding it here for completeness.

If it's already been posted in this thread, I'll put on the Cone of Shame.

View attachment 651959
I listened to the podcast about the Rokstock and was curious to how it would look.

If the tagline in the marketing isn't "Form Follows Function" I'll be deeply disapointed.

ebrownw2

FNG
When I first stumbled across the thread reviewing the VG stock I didn’t own a Tikka or a Stocky’s stock. I now own a few of the former with more otw and one of the latter with more otw. Good work, people.

TheCougar

WKR
shipping notification for the rings maybe? I didn't think much was supposed to happen for at least a few more weeks.
Me either. I called and talked to them last week and they said they were going to call me before they find anything to make sure the order was correct. I have trouble believing that they are shipping stocks before showing a completed stock. She made it sound like they were not close to shipping anything for a bit.

Last edited:

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Rokstok Update 1/10/2024

I have not been able to keep up with this 144 page thread. we will start to focus on providing real time information about form, function, and testing in @Formidilosus Rokstok- Why, What, How thread found HERE. This thread will be locked to comments to allow ease of reading.

Everything is going according to plan, @Stockys has been amazing to work with and very timely with project movement. Rokstok will be in their booth at SHOT show for those of you attending.

We have increased staff in the Cerakote department and set up a wall that holds 100 stocks for proper tracking. I also built a production tracker that we are now sharing with @Stockys as well.

- Those of you receiving shipping notifications are for partially shipped orders, I didn't want to make you all wait for your alternate items as long as the Rokstok.
- The first completed stock should be shipping directly to @Formidilosus today or tomorrow from @Stockys , pending Forms approval..........production will start immediately on the railed Tikka stocks first.
- We have a variety of durability tests to perform on one of the first four test stocks, the results will be posted in the thread referenced above.
- After SHOT, we will add some action inlets to the available options for the Rokstok, these may include Howa and Savage.
- We will be giving away a complete UM Tikka Rifle Build on Rokstok in partnership with Stone Glacier and Maven at the Hunt Expo in SLC next month.
- Keep in mind we can continue taking stock changes until your stock begins production at Stockys.

I will watch the replies to this post today so get your questions in.