RokStok

Unknown Munitions

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Children, children, give them more forend rail options than any other stock on the market and all they want is more. Give me more, I want more. @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery @Stockys

The spartan/arca rail option can't happen for this initial release but we will see what we can for you in the future. I have already exhausted all of my SRS favors.

LE TIKKA (12).jpg

Dobermann

WKR
I can’t see what you would need a pic and Spartan for, most guys with a Spartan bipod aren’t going to want to isa a pic mount bipod, but many or most of them will want the option to clamp into their tripod with the ARCA if they need more height.
For me, the two bipods I use are Spartan (if going weight weenie, and I can handle the Spartan sloppiness), or the Tier 1 Evolution Gen 1 (for an 'underslung' / axis above boreline option), which is Pic.

Dobermann

WKR
I ordered the Rokstok with the pic/spartan. Spartan makes a spartan adapter with arca on it for $20. My thought is I will have all 3 with this adapter.

The Spartan system already has a lot of play between the adapter and whatever you put in it - the bipod has a lot of wobble, which is the payoff for being so light mixed with this kind of mount. I personally wouldn't want to tolerance stack anything else into the system.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Children, children, give them more forend rail options than any other stock on the market and all they want is more. Give me more, I want more. @Formidilosus @Ryan Avery @Stockys

The spartan/arca rail option can't happen for this initial release but we will see what we can for you in the future. I have already exhausted all of my SRS favors.

View attachment 647289
The Spartan/Pic is already so fricken nice! Appreciate what y’all are doing for sure.

You have to appreciate guys who do this old school. Hard work. Try stuff. Find out what works for them and share their findings so openly. I am impressed and excited by the opportunity to try one. Did anyone comment that the new Peak 44 Bastion stock looks a lot like the Rokstock.

swavescatter

Pain in the butt!
As long as the Arca/Picatinny/Spartan trail accommodates M-Lok, keymod and MOE I think we'll have a winner! Add a couple threaded 1/4-20 holes and USB-C ports....

giphy.gif

. Did anyone comment that the new Peak 44 Bastion stock looks a lot like the Rokstock.
Yeah but when you start to pick stuff apart it's nothing like it.

Toe isn't flat (curved?)
Comb isn't as negative and isn't above boreline
Forend doesn't have the same shape and isn't really parallel with the bore
Trigger reach appears longer than rokstock and looks similar to original VG.

Dobermann

WKR
You have to appreciate guys who do this old school. Hard work. Try stuff. Find out what works for them and share their findings so openly. I am impressed and excited by the opportunity to try one. Did anyone comment that the new Peak 44 Bastion stock looks a lot like the Rokstock.
Not sure if hte Peak is in the multiple 'this stock looks like the Rokstok' comments throughout this thread.

At a quick glance, I spot four things that make the Peak not as good as the Rokstok.

If other companies try to jump on this bandwagon, I think they're going to realise there's more going on here than just a negative comb ...

[Edit: @Brontosaurus and I were typing at the same time! Who says dinosaurs are slow?]

I bet y'all are starting to wish you had listened to Form and didn't do the scallop/rail.

View attachment 647289

ElPollo

WKR
I was thinking collar on the barrel when threading not a thicker barrel, minimal cost difference compared to threading and an adapter.
Sounds like we are on the same page. The collar is an adapter that is decoratively machined to look integral. I’m not averse to decoration, but I have a AB raptor with a reflex mount and I never take it off. The decoration would be pointless for my set up.

SDHNTR

WKR
Are there inletting dimensions/drawings posted anywhere? I’d like to see the width of the barrel channel on a 3b. I’ve got a 700 with a 2b. Do I want to hog out a sporter channel, or have excess space, or perhaps bed and then float out a 3b channel?